2020/01/21 12:14:53
Alan1080ti
Oh boy. So just read through some of this. I use 3440x1440 and was afraid of the 2080 less ram. Seems I will email the Taiwan office when I send in the 1080ti ftw. Took the cooler off today to see if I could get it to cool down but no luck, seems the pump is broken and not moving fluid around. Like others said and showed, at higher resolutions the extra ram is needed to keep up performance and he 2080xc is a step down from.the ft3 hybrids we bought.
2020/01/31 12:39:14
bavor
My replacement GTX 1080 ti FTW3 Hybrid has the radiator fan cable coming out of the slot for the SLI connector instead of the opening by the tubing to and from the radiator.  I'm not going to send it back for this, but it makes me wonder how well the cards are checked after the RMA process.  Its pretty obvious when a cable if flopping around and coming out from the SLI connector area.

Also the BIOS selector switch looked like it was broken or is a lot smaller than my previous GTX 1080t i FTW3 Hybrid.

Here is what it looked like when the card arrived.  That cable isn't suppose to be coming out by the SLI connector.

2020/04/21 21:14:00
bavor
My replacement GTX 1080 ti FTW3 Hybrid died today.  There is no video output on any port.  I tried the 1080 ti FTW3 Hybrid in two different PCs.  A GTX 1070 works fine in the same PCIEx16 slot in both PCs with video output on all ports.  The card doesn't even show up in the BIOS of either PC when I put it in the top PCIE x16 slot and have another GPU in the other slot.  To be sure it wasn't the power supply, I tried a different one.

My replacement GPU lasted about 3 months.
2020/04/22 07:11:09
evgoli
bavor
My replacement GTX 1080 ti FTW3 Hybrid died today.  There is no video output on any port.  I tried the 1080 ti FTW3 Hybrid in two different PCs.  A GTX 1070 works fine in the same PCIEx16 slot in both PCs with video output on all ports.  The card doesn't even show up in the BIOS of either PC when I put it in the top PCIE x16 slot and have another GPU in the other slot.  To be sure it wasn't the power supply, I tried a different one.

My replacement GPU lasted about 3 months.

At the risk of sounding cynical it seems the replacements are designed to last just long enough to get you out of the warranty period.

Perhaps receiving a 2080 back instead of a 1080ti, while not as good performance wise, might last a little longer.
2020/04/22 10:21:09
bavor
evgoli

At the risk of sounding cynical it seems the replacements are designed to last just long enough to get you out of the warranty period.

Perhaps receiving a 2080 back instead of a 1080ti, while not as good performance wise, might last a little longer.

I purchased an extended warranty with the original GTX 1080 ti FTW3.  It would be in everyone's best interest to just send me an equal or greater performing card that worked and lasted longer than 3 months.
2021/10/18 13:35:31
Trickste63
What was the outcome of the RMA for the failed replacement?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account