2019/11/04 23:10:27
rjohnson11
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/red_dead_redemption_2_will_bring_your_pc_to_its_knees_-_even_nvidia_s_rtx_2080_ti_is_challenged/1

Nvidia has released their recommended GPUs list for Red Dead Redemption 2, stating that their Geforce RTX 2080 Ti will be unable to play Red Dead Redemption 2 at 4K 60FPS at High Settings, instead requiring a mixture of medium and high settings. Red Dead Redemption 2 will also feature Ultra settings, which means that 4K 60FPS at max settings is far beyond the capabilities of today's graphics hardware. 

Our guess is that Red Dead Redemption 2's Medium settings will offer graphics that are similar to Red Dead Redemption 2's console versions. This means that Red Dead Redemption 2 will look great, even at these lower graphical settings. While some will use this factor to call the game "unoptimised", we'd prefer to think that Red Dead Redemption has been built with future GPU generations in mind. 

To challenge an RTX 2080ti means the graphics must be extremely tough. 
2019/11/05 03:42:44
Hoggle
I am glad that they did this since GTA V still has a huge player base. Rockstar needs to expect that would happen also for Red Dead. I also think a lot of this points to a PlayStation 5 and Project Scarlett re-release as normally we don't see a console port come to the PC that would crush the top of the line graphics cards.
2019/11/05 05:52:15
CraptacularOne
We need games devs that make systems cto keep pushing tech forward. It doesn’t seem like crytek is up to that challenge anymore so someone had to pick up the mantle. 
2019/11/05 08:41:18
Sajin
Just needs sli. Problem solved. =D
2019/11/05 12:06:09
chrisdglong
Red Dead 2 doesn't even work for a lot of people... No surprise really, this is the Take Two way!

I bought the game on Epic, just to try and keep my games consolidated into a few different launcher/stores (Epic, Steam, Origin, Uplay... **** the list is growing). Of course, the game does install and launch the terrible RS Social Club. When you click on launch in the Epic store, it brings up the Social Club for a second and then it crashes... HAHA, so typical of AAA games nowadays, they hardly ever work out of the box. The video game industry is in such a sad state right now.

The moral of the story? The game brought my PC to its knees...
2019/11/05 13:04:37
NazcaC2
Chris: Try just using Rockstar's launcher to play the game. I bought RDR2 on Rockstar's launcher to minimize the amount of launchers it went through to play this highly intensive game. I'll be playing on lower than minimum spec later today and it'll probably run fine as do other new games (at 1440p).
2019/11/05 14:02:36
chrisdglong
NazcaC2
Chris: Try just using Rockstar's launcher to play the game. I bought RDR2 on Rockstar's launcher to minimize the amount of launchers it went through to play this highly intensive game. I'll be playing on lower than minimum spec later today and it'll probably run fine as do other new games (at 1440p).

Yeah, I probably should have just bought it from Rockstar too. I did get the game to run, but to do so, there are now 3 launchers required as I like to add all my games to the new Steam library... This is just getting ridicules. I did buy The Outer Worlds (FANTASTIC game BTW) on the Epic store and am able to run it from the exe without even firing up Epic... Kind of was hoping that it would work here too, this is NOT the case with this game. I knew it there was a strong probability this would be the case though, so I am not upset by it. I just wanted it to actually start.

In the end, somehow it started working and plays now. BTW, to get rid of the mouse cursor, you have to disable fullscreen optimizations.
2019/11/05 22:52:54
CraptacularOne
Well this game is a sight to behold. I picked it up today and put my rig through it's paces and I'm getting about 75-90fps in game with max settings at 3840x1080 on my ultrawide 32.9 monitor. The in game benchmark reports an average of 72fps with my rig. I'm running in Vulkan with everything except motion blur cranked to ultra. 
2019/11/06 05:03:43
aka_STEVE_b
Although I agree we need Devs to push graphics boundaries,... I am not totally sure this is the case in this game ?

While it does look great - I think it may be more an issue of poor, unoptimized -portitis. 
As has been the case on Rockstar games many times.
2019/11/06 06:13:48
Cool GTX
They Need to go back & tweak the Code if a 2080Ti can't run it .... something is Wrong in the code optimization

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account