2019/11/05 14:23:25
ElliottSmith
Does this version start with windows 10 now?  Has the bug been fixed, is that what the change log means?

Edit:  I just want to confirm that this update does in fact fix the program not starting with Windows 10.  So many posts over the past few months from EVGA giving us all this troubleshooting bull, like it was our computer's fault that this was not working.  Just want to ensure you are aware this was totally a software issue on EVGA's end, and nothing to do with antivirus, Windows 10, or anything else.  
2019/11/06 05:58:02
kacan22
thank you for coming back again.

We have forwarded your first request with the Precision X1 to our Product Team.
They have tried to reproduce the issue and informed us, that the Issue with the CPU-Usage is caused by the OSD-Build in Overlay.
The solution to resolve this, is to deactive/turn off the OSD-Overlay and the CPU-Usage should drop down.

We're sorry for the inconvenience of the late response,
but such issue have to be tested trough, if there is a different solution.

Currently, with the latest software updates, some of the issues are tackled on,
but some are still "Work in Progress".

If you have any further question, feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,

Manuel - EVGA Customer Support

2019/11/06 06:54:44
DaveLessnau
kacan22

They have tried to reproduce the issue and informed us, that the Issue with the CPU-Usage is caused by the OSD-Build in Overlay.
The solution to resolve this, is to deactive/turn off the OSD-Overlay and the CPU-Usage should drop down.

Best regards,

I might be a bit crazy, here, but isn't one of the major points of PX1 the "OSD-Build in Overlay?"  Aren't they, essentially, saying their product is a CPU hog and you should stop using it?  Nah.  I've got to be misunderstanding this.
2019/11/06 07:46:38
kacan22
DaveLessnau
kacan22

Best regards,

I might be a bit crazy, here, but isn't one of the major points of PX1 the "OSD-Build in Overlay?"  Aren't they, essentially, saying their product is a CPU hog and you should stop using it?  Nah.  I've got to be misunderstanding this.

I have High CPU Usage problem since Oct 2018. I email them every month and this problem is still there. I tried all windows 10 builds and even insider build they all do same problem. Some window 10 builds reduce cpu usage but this is still high (2.5%-5%)
Also im not alone with this problem because other users reported same.
2019/11/06 12:52:58
DaveLessnau
I'm not disagreeing with you.  I just don't understand how EVGA can claim it works as designed when even they can see the problem.
2019/11/11 00:07:32
phosgene2
i first downloaded and used this at version 0.3.2 (beta) and it was terrible, uninstalled
picked it up again with latest version and just wanted to commend evga for getting those problems fixed
and getting it working well. i like it. 
2019/11/11 12:14:21
GTXJackBauer
phosgene2
i first downloaded and used this at version 0.3.2 (beta) and it was terrible, uninstalled
picked it up again with latest version and just wanted to commend evga for getting those problems fixed
and getting it working well. i like it. 

2019/11/13 14:01:56
Velcade
Finally stable on a new release!  1.0.2.0 seems to work great for me.  

No more issues with the radiator fan stopping until the GPU hits 80'C then kicking back on to cool like I saw in previous versions.  
2019/11/13 15:18:35
GTXJackBauer
Velcade

No more issues with the radiator fan stopping until the GPU hits 80'C then kicking back on to cool like I saw in previous versions.  

2019/11/13 16:42:50
kindofabuzz
Velcade

Why is your gpu hitting 80? I have a 2080ti xc ultra that never gets about 73c. You must have a hot case.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account