2019/10/29 11:50:43
EVGA_JacobF
Release: 10/29/2019
  • Improvements to the "Apply Previous Settings on Load" option. Now when this option is selected without selecting "Start with OS", Precision will auto load the last applied settings on system start.

http://www.evga.com/precision
2019/10/29 16:43:42
the_Scarlet_one
Nice, thanks for the update
2019/10/30 17:45:55
turbochargedazn
When are you guys going to fix OSD? There is clearly a detection issue with PrecisionX Server and the OSD. Denying that there isn't an issue with your OSD is clearly wrong. I have no issue with any of my games using MSI Afterburner. I shouldn't have to do this just to get the OSD to work. At best the OSD works 20% of the time and having to open/close my game over 5+ times just to get it to sometimes work is very infuriating. No issues with MSI Afterburner/Rivatuner, as they work flawless. All OSD settings within PrecisionX1 are on and PrecisionX Server is left on default with nothing changed. I can get the OSD to work on some game launchers or even OBS (surprisingly) but once I open up the game the OSD doesn't show up. Why does it work on the game launcher or another program like OBS but then not work once I open up my game??? 

Highly doubt any mods will read this either as I got no replies on my previous post on the other version update, so that's some quality software/QA you got so far.

Currently Using PrecisionX1 Version 1.0.0
2019/10/30 18:26:39
Cool GTX
Nice to see that a new update has been released
2019/10/30 18:31:52
Cool GTX
turbochargedazn
When are you guys going to fix OSD? There is clearly a detection issue with PrecisionX Server and the OSD. Denying that there isn't an issue with your OSD is clearly wrong. I have no issue with any of my games using MSI Afterburner. I shouldn't have to do this just to get the OSD to work. At best the OSD works 20% of the time and having to open/close my game over 5+ times just to get it to sometimes work is very infuriating. No issues with MSI Afterburner/Rivatuner, as they work flawless. All OSD settings within PrecisionX1 are on and PrecisionX Server is left on default with nothing changed. I can get the OSD to work on some game launchers or even OBS (surprisingly) but once I open up the game the OSD doesn't show up. Why does it work on the game launcher or another program like OBS but then not work once I open up my game??? 

Highly doubt any mods will read this either as I got no replies on my previous post on the other version update, so that's some quality software/QA you got so far.

Currently Using PrecisionX1 Version 1.0.0

This thread is about the New Version of EVGA Precision X1 1.0.2.0

Your Post is Off topic & belongs in the EVGA Software  ---> As its Own thread or continuation of your previous thread
Home » All Forums » [Other EVGA Products] » EVGA Software

Maybe you could have just asked If this new version addressed your concerns of OSD function

The BEST place to Help share your concerns:  ---> Game not working with OSD?

I guess Mods do read your posts
2019/10/30 19:44:54
MeowMeowTiger
quick qeustion: with this new version do we need to enable "start with OS" if "apply previous settings on load" is already selected?

Previously I enabled both, but this new version automatically disabled "start with OS" -- I assume that's intentional and I should keep it that way?
2019/10/30 21:26:20
bob16314
MeowMeowTiger
quick qeustion: with this new version do we need to enable "start with OS" if "apply previous settings on load" is already selected?

Previously I enabled both, but this new version automatically disabled "start with OS" -- I assume that's intentional and I should keep it that way?

I reckon one could do that and find out for themselves.

But to answer your question..No..Your overclock will be applied when Apply previous settings on load is enabled whether Start with OS is enabled or not.

But that could be a double-edged sword and apply an unstable overclock and possibly freeze or black-screen Windows on startup..If that happens, you would need to start Windows in Safe Mode and delete Precision X1's .cfg file located in the C: (or whatever)\Program Files\EVGA\Precision X1 folder..The .cfg file will be rebuilt with default settings the next time PX1 runs and is closed..Same thing goes for Precision XOC too.

Precision needs to be running for custom fan control/curves though.
2019/10/31 15:55:59
battlelog
Hey guys,

So I first uninstall PX1 v1.0.1 and then reinstall the new version? Or can I just go ahead and install it??
What is safer?

Thanks in advance.
2019/10/31 16:04:34
MeowMeowTiger
bob16314
MeowMeowTiger

I reckon one could do that and find out for themselves.

But to answer your question..No..Your overclock will be applied when Apply previous settings on load is enabled whether Start with OS is enabled or not.

But that could be a double-edged sword and apply an unstable overclock and possibly freeze or black-screen Windows on startup..If that happens, you would need to start Windows in Safe Mode and delete Precision X1's .cfg file located in the C: (or whatever)\Program Files\EVGA\Precision X1 folder..The .cfg file will be rebuilt with default settings the next time PX1 runs and is closed..Same thing goes for Precision XOC too.

Precision needs to be running for custom fan control/curves though.

Thank you for clarifying!

I use custom fan curves, so I still need Precision to auto start with OS. Oh well.
2019/10/31 16:07:30
MeowMeowTiger
battlelog
Hey guys,

So I first uninstall PX1 v1.0.1 and then reinstall the new version? Or can I just go ahead and install it??
What is safer?

Thanks in advance.

I always install over the previous version; have done this like 5 times and so far so good :)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account