2019/10/29 16:24:59
sparetimepc
bp7178
What are the temps with a 3D load after 30 min? What are your ambient temps?

Memory cooling isn't that critical with GDDR6. The max operating temp is about 95c.

I went different route with a EK GPU Supremacy block just over the die. Memory isn't covered. I turn the fan on the VRM heatsink to a fixed 80% and the memory never goes over 60c while gaming for hours at a time. The VRM is so over built that without adding voltage with the classified tool I doubt a VRM heatsink is really necessary. 

Well i played several hours of call of duty modern warfare with everything maxed out, and the memory stayed at 45C and the die stayed at 40C. I had the vrm fan at 100% so it stayed nice and cool as well. My ambient temps are 22C   I did not have time to get into any benchmarking before i had to leave for Arizona.  When i get back home i am also going to switch out the 1.0mm shim i used and try with a 0.8mm shim that i have ordered to see if there is still enough clearance to decrease the shim thickness. Its gonna take a while to really narrow it down and see the overall difference in cooling but so far i'm liking what i see. Thanks for other forum members interest in this mod, i'll try and keep things updated as much as possible so you all know whats going on.
2019/11/09 04:20:03
sparetimepc
Here is what the thermal paste spread pattern is with this mod to show what the contact is on both sides of the shim. I still have not received my 0.8mm shims to try them yet.

Attached Image(s)

2019/11/14 11:24:41
altonadavid
So now i have figured out that the EKWB vga supremacy block can also be installed on the kingpin card and still use the original coldplate for the kingpin as well. Just a slight mod to the coldplate is needed.
2019/11/14 11:26:41
Cool GTX
dwexpress
Here is what the thermal paste spread pattern is with this mod to show what the contact is on both sides of the shim. I still have not received my 0.8mm shims to try them yet.

Thanks for the Update ... looking forward to more as your testing progresses
2019/11/14 12:04:29
altonadavid
So i changed my username (dwexpress) to (sparetimepc) on my evga account and after that was done it messed up my being able to get into the forums, they have been working on it for several days now and have still not been able to figure out how to link my forum posts to my new user name after it was switched so for now i have had to just revert to a different account and username all together until its figured out. Didn't know it was going to mess everything up just with the switch of a username. Anyways this thread was started by me as dwexpress and now i'm altonadavid. 
2019/11/14 12:09:25
altonadavid
As far as being able to use the ekwb supremacy and or the ekwb thermosphere, the supremacy mod only requires to take the cold plate from the kingpin and drill the holes from 11/64 to 13/64 and the coldplate will then fit over the studs of the supremacy install kit. The size difference is so small after drilling the holes that the coldplate can still be used or reinstalled in its original position when putting the original AIO cooler assembly back onto the pcb. 

2019/11/14 12:13:12
Cool GTX
altonadavid
So i changed my username (dwexpress) to (sparetimepc) on my evga account and after that was done it messed up my being able to get into the forums, they have been working on it for several days now and have still not been able to figure out how to link my forum posts to my new user name after it was switched so for now i have had to just revert to a different account and username all together until its figured out. Didn't know it was going to mess everything up just with the switch of a username. Anyways this thread was started by me as dwexpress and now i'm altonadavid. 

OK

Best to Always email EVGA [ webmaster@evga.com ] about Forums name changes   As your not supposed to have multiple accounts -  TOS

2019/11/14 12:15:53
altonadavid
Cool GTX
altonadavid

OK

Best to Always email EVGA about Forums name changes   As your not supposed to have multiple accounts -  TOS

Well i know but when i contacted support to change my username i thought all was going to be changed including the forum name since the forum name is the same as the username, it seems they have been kind of caught off guard as well, i guess another lesson learned. And i can't just delete my dwexpress account because thats where all of my products are registered. About $7000 worth of products.
2019/11/14 12:19:47
altonadavid
Anyways here is photos of the mod with the ekwb vga supremacy, and this mod cools the die about 7C better then the thermosphere because the flow is so much better but the memory cooling is quite a bit better with this vs the thermosphere.. The same 1.0mm shim is used as what is used in the thermosphere. 

Attached Image(s)

2019/11/14 12:26:43
altonadavid
And here is the EKWB  vga Supremacy on the 2080ti Kingpin with the LN2 OLED display mounted as well. 

Attached Image(s)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account