2019/10/26 08:03:22
AHowes
Hope it all works out as people will need this since it looks like they may have finally sold off all the blocks.
2019/10/26 08:06:42
AHowes
Well cool cant wait to see the before and after temps!

Bet it will be much better then my before and after temps with stock and using the hydro block! Believe just like 2-3c and that's with 2x 360, 2x 480 and 1 420 radiators.
2019/10/26 08:30:16
sparetimepc
AHowes
The EK-FC terminal work with this block? Seems the card is too tall and would block it unless there is an option to add it to that top of the delrin adapter ports.

Actually if you look at the EKWB site you will see that these thermosphere blocks were made from the Supremacy blocks but just for the use of the EK-FC terminals for multiple cards. The supremacy blocks are really just for a single card set-up.
2019/10/26 17:41:16
the_Scarlet_one
dwexpress
So this is a project i have been working on for a while and its now complete but have not tested performance yet. 

https://i.imgur.com/5zbrJzB.jpg    

Remove the “link” portion or delink the image, and add the [ image]https://i.imgur.com/2nFZq2q.jpg[ \image] (remove the spaces in the brackets)

2019/10/27 03:48:01
sparetimepc
Ok so its at least installed and running so here is the temps difference at just idle. Just as i figured the memory and vrm's are all about 3-5 degrees warmer since they are not water cooled now, the die temp only went up 1 degree with having the 1.0mm shim on it. During benchmarking is where i'm hoping i can keep the die temp cooler now since its not going to be mixing with the memory and vrm's heat in the block.

Attached Image(s)

2019/10/27 23:10:01
AHowes
Should be interesting.
2019/10/28 02:26:37
Mcwrah
Just like AHowes said, should be interesting. Looking forward to the temps.
2019/10/28 08:51:12
Vlada011
Nice modification, but I would rather stay with AIO if he finish job properly.
It's much better when customers alone improve something not only build from original parts full of RGB, Hard Tubing, and 2 weeks after you buid you are bored.
Today I would advice any person who live in USA and Europe where life is normal and people could feed self with profit normally to go in some school to learn with electronic. Electronic is future and electro motors. If you educate self on IT field+knowledge to work with electronic you could live very good life except if you live on some very bad places...
Example if you territory is 45 times bigger then Germany, full of fossil oil and ores and economy weaker then German, you fall apart every few decades and citizens work for 400$ then something is wrong with you.

2019/10/29 12:20:03
AHowes
Updates??
2019/10/29 12:27:03
bp7178
What are the temps with a 3D load after 30 min? What are your ambient temps?

Memory cooling isn't that critical with GDDR6. The max operating temp is about 95c.

I went different route with a EK GPU Supremacy block just over the die. Memory isn't covered. I turn the fan on the VRM heatsink to a fixed 80% and the memory never goes over 60c while gaming for hours at a time. The VRM is so over built that without adding voltage with the classified tool I doubt a VRM heatsink is really necessary. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account