2019/10/16 07:21:53
nezff
Cool GTX

glad the flush of Old Chrome data allowed you to reload Chrome & get it to work

this needs to be stickied or EVGA needs to know about it and tell the customers that call in about it.  I spoke to three reps which just said, I have 2080s and they dont do this.  or just dont use chrome.
2019/10/16 07:26:55
Cool GTX
Make your suggestion / Experience known ---> https://www.evga.com/support/suggestions.asp

You not the only person to have Chrome issues ......... if it was to be stickied - this would probably end up in "General Software" section

it is a Chrome Bug that it can't be updated without first clearing the hidden files
2019/10/16 07:33:40
Cool GTX
Pinned in General Software  https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3000030
2019/10/19 03:59:41
DeadlyMercury
Today was another "test": I had an asus rog strix card before, but it starts crashing and running fan at 100% at 78C. So I switched to evga and hoped they will say that they can't repair card and give me money back.
But they repaired and I get it back yesterday. So I need to sell it (not big deal) and before - I need to test that they repaired it. So I connected asus gpu to my PC to run some test (yep, it is repaired) and also I opened chrome: after gpu replacement there was no black triangles or something like it was after evga. No, there was black screen only so I even couldn't open settings and disable hw acceleration. :) Just a black screen and some brown line in the center :)
So google did something very wrong with hw acceleration.
2019/11/29 17:29:01
thefogo
NazcaC2
In Chrome, back up your bookmarks. If you sync Chrome with your Google profile, you can omit this step. Uninstall Chrome and choose to delete your browsing data (check box).

In File Explorer, delete all of the Google Chrome remnants. If you're using other Google programs, only delete the Chrome folders. If you're only using Chrome, you can delete the whole Google folders.

Manually delete the Google folder in:

%appdata%\local\
Program Data -hidden
Program Files
Program Files (x86)

Just uninstalling Chrome won't remove configuration files. Even the Reset Chrome tool within Chrome does little for major issues like this.

When all Chrome remnants are gone, reinstall Chrome and restore your bookmarks or log in to sync.

I only got my 2080ti XC Ultra today and had this exact problem. Doing this while restarting after removing everything fixed my problem. Thanks! I’m glad I don’t have to RMA the card.
2019/12/18 10:48:43
jack0001
This helped me (as well as EVGA - since I had already returned one card, and was about to return a second until I found this)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account