2019/10/11 14:46:48
nezff
Sajin
I'm using driver 436.30. Still using windows version 1809 build 17763.107. Reinstalling windows is worth a shot if you don't mind.

Using 1903 build 1836.418
2019/10/12 06:42:22
nezff
Same issue they are having. So I didnt get lucky with two cards and chrome acceleration.

https://forums.evga.com/m..aspx?m=2987777&fp=1

https://forums.evga.com/m..aspx?m=2954778&fp=1
2019/10/14 07:17:50
nezff
been using the card for a couple days now, no issues in games, nor in windows.  Only issue was in google chrome with hardware acceleration on.  Not sure the reason.
I did find other threads in this community with the same exact issues on ftw 2080 ti.

I would be nice to hear something concrete from EVGA tech support other than, just dont use chrome.  Come on.
2019/10/14 08:50:34
brentsg
nezff
Sajin
Use your sons monitor & display cable on your computer to see if that will make the issue go away.

no go.  Same monitor too.  
spoke with a 3rd EVGA rep which said this is a common problem with chrome and higher clocked cards?  sounded weird, but Ive had it only happen on a 2080 super XC ULTRA and a 2080 super ftw3 ultra.  Didnt happen on my 2080 super XC.

That sounds like a weird non-explanation.  As you know I had the same issue with the FTW3 2080 Super, but not with an Nvidia reference 2080 Super.  In my case I had 2 FTW3 cards in my hands that exhibited the issue, but fortunately my Founders card boosted and overclocked better than either of the EVGA cards so returning was an obvious choice.  It was a fight, and I won't buy another EVGA card but at least it's done.
2019/10/14 09:37:56
nezff
brentsg
nezff
Sajin
Use your sons monitor & display cable on your computer to see if that will make the issue go away.

no go.  Same monitor too.  
spoke with a 3rd EVGA rep which said this is a common problem with chrome and higher clocked cards?  sounded weird, but Ive had it only happen on a 2080 super XC ULTRA and a 2080 super ftw3 ultra.  Didnt happen on my 2080 super XC.

That sounds like a weird non-explanation.  As you know I had the same issue with the FTW3 2080 Super, but not with an Nvidia reference 2080 Super.  In my case I had 2 FTW3 cards in my hands that exhibited the issue, but fortunately my Founders card boosted and overclocked better than either of the EVGA cards so returning was an obvious choice.  It was a fight, and I won't buy another EVGA card but at least it's done.

yep, didnt happen on my 2080 Super XC.  It did happen on the super xc ultra, and now on the FTW3 ultra.  Im assuming these are NON reference.  The FTW3 card clocks better than my XC. 2055mghz vs 1955.  Other than the chrome issue, thats all Ive experienced so far.  I have bought EVGA other the years mainly for the warranty and customer service.  Im a tad upset that Im getting nonchalant answers about chrome though.
2019/10/14 22:02:58
NazcaC2
In Chrome, back up your bookmarks. If you sync Chrome with your Google profile, you can omit this step. Uninstall Chrome and choose to delete your browsing data (check box).

In File Explorer, delete all of the Google Chrome remnants. If you're using other Google programs, only delete the Chrome folders. If you're only using Chrome, you can delete the whole Google folders.

Manually delete the Google folder in:

%appdata%\local\
Program Data -hidden
Program Files
Program Files (x86)

Just uninstalling Chrome won't remove configuration files. Even the Reset Chrome tool within Chrome does little for major issues like this.

When all Chrome remnants are gone, reinstall Chrome and restore your bookmarks or log in to sync.
2019/10/15 01:19:18
DeadlyMercury
Wow. It actually works.
Also I did reboot between uninstalling and installing back, but maybe it didn't affect and wasn't needed. But still - after installing chrome back hw acceleration was enabled (because it is enabled by default) and where is no artefacts at all.

2019/10/15 07:44:34
nezff
DeadlyMercury
Wow. It actually works.
Also I did reboot between uninstalling and installing back, but maybe it didn't affect and wasn't needed. But still - after installing chrome back hw acceleration was enabled (because it is enabled by default) and where is no artefacts at all.

NazcaC2
In Chrome, back up your bookmarks. If you sync Chrome with your Google profile, you can omit this step. Uninstall Chrome and choose to delete your browsing data (check box).

In File Explorer, delete all of the Google Chrome remnants. If you're using other Google programs, only delete the Chrome folders. If you're only using Chrome, you can delete the whole Google folders.

Manually delete the Google folder in:

%appdata%\local\
Program Data -hidden
Program Files
Program Files (x86)

Just uninstalling Chrome won't remove configuration files. Even the Reset Chrome tool within Chrome does little for major issues like this.

When all Chrome remnants are gone, reinstall Chrome and restore your bookmarks or log in to sync.

I will try this asap when I get home. Let you know. Thank you.
2019/10/15 11:21:38
GTXJackBauer
Well done Naz now give that man a cookie!
2019/10/15 11:28:27
Cool GTX
GTXJackBauer
Well done Naz now give that man a cookie!

BR is better than a Cookie

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account