2019/10/11 05:45:37
nezff
I received this card and everything working fine except inside google chrome im noticing artifacts or what seems to be artifacts only at the top of the screen on the favorites bar.  I had this happen with another card, the EVGA 2080 super XC ULTRA.  I returned it and kept my 2080 super XC which does NOT exhibit this at all.  

I reinstalled the drivers, reinstalled Precision X1.  The firmware tool attempted to update when I first booted up with the new card and failed multiple times.  I uninstalled the software and reinstalled the nvidia drivers and precision x1.  It went away until I closed google chrome and reopened it, then the artifacts appeared again.  

I will attempt to attach pics here.

Attached Image(s)

2019/10/11 06:37:47
DeadlyMercury
Same here. Also found on reddit that somebody flashed reference vbios on ftw3 card and problem is gone.
So it could be affected by ftw3 bios. In my case I just switched off hardware acceleration in chrome and noticed support about this issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbIjnb2QJec
2019/10/11 06:40:08
JME321
hello artifacts are gpu memory probleme you need to rma the card sorry
if you dont have overcloked it at stock
2019/10/11 06:40:40
DeadlyMercury
JME321

and why they appear only in chrome? :)
2019/10/11 06:41:10
nezff
I uninstalled and reinstalled chrome, still see it.  I tried your advice and turned off hardware acceleration, which Im not sure what it does, but the artifacts are gone.

2019/10/11 06:41:35
JME321
idle slrees allot less the gpu memory
2019/10/11 06:50:34
nezff
JME321
if you dont have overcloked it at stock

DeadlyMercury
JME321

and why they appear only in chrome? :)

The same exact thing happened when I bought a EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra. (thicker version card)  I have a EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC (thinner) and this DOES NOT happen with chrome.  Im not sure its the card since I just turned off hardware acceleration in chrome and it disappeared 
2019/10/11 06:52:38
JME321
yes is the card the issue you need rma it it happen good luck with rma if you do it
2019/10/11 06:57:15
nezff
JME321
yes is the card the issue you need rma it it happen good luck with rma if you do it

How is it the card when I turned off hardware acceleration insides google chrome and the artifacts are gone?  
2019/10/11 06:59:52
DeadlyMercury
nezff
I uninstalled and reinstalled chrome, still see it.  I tried your advice and turned off hardware acceleration, which Im not sure what it does, but the artifacts are gone.

If you disable HW acceleration - chrome will render on your cpu instead of gpu, thats why issue is solved.

I don't think that it is happens due to faulty cards because
a) many of other have same issue without any other problems
b) chrome has several issues with nvidia gpu and had it in past, why should this issue be exception?
c) everything including games, benchmarks and stress tests works fine
d) somebody fixed same issue by flashing reference vbios on his card

So it is either software or vbios issue - but not hardware problem with vRAM or gpu itself.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account