2020/01/07 07:56:40
CadetBuck
Tech Support indicated today based on SN and end November timing of purchase the board "likely" has version 1.19 - released in September which supports Cascade Lake. GPU due Monday, so will report back next week if posts or not. 
2020/01/08 06:46:47
HiLuckyB
So I got ahold of a i5-7640X and it booted into bios no problem. My MB was on v1.07, And after updating to v1.20 my 10980XE works great.
2020/01/11 17:12:51
repo1979
Great news I plan on getting a X299 Dark and a 10980xe with some team group xtreem ram
2020/01/11 17:16:17
Cool GTX
HiLuckyB
So I got ahold of a i5-7640X and it booted into bios no problem. My MB was on v1.07, And after updating to v1.20 my 10980XE works great.

Borrowed or bought a i5 ?
2020/01/11 19:41:53
HiLuckyB
Cool GTX
HiLuckyB

Borrowed or bought a i5 ?

I bought it, I found the i5-7640X for $150. So I will keep it around as a backup. Maybe one day i'll overclock it, And see how far it can go 
So far I have my 10980XE at 4.7GHz 1.184v, 32x Mesh 1.125v for a daily clock, And I've had it running in some benchmarks @5.0GHz 1.27v. But it's not 100% stable mostly because it get's hot fast over 1.2v.
2020/01/30 07:03:03
CadetBuck
To close my portion of this thread, received the GPU and on Dark system first boot received the DF post code from board recently purchased.
Had previously requested 1.20 chip from EVGA Support and received in mail. Installed new chip and next boot was ok.
Thank you for the support.
2020/03/02 13:50:09
lingaraju.g
rblaes_99
I ended up having to RMA my brand new x299 dark because the little BIOS socket popped right off when EVGA sent me the replacement chip with 1.19 on it.  This has been a bit of a nightmare build for me so far.  That said, the RMA board came with 1.19 on it and I booted right into BIOS and I updated to 1.20 already.  Hard to believe the tear down, rebuild, tear down again, RMA, and now this weekend rebuild again all for a BIOS update when these were supposedly "ready for next gen".  That said, as always EVGA made it right as quickly as possible.  EVGA is the only reason I am not on an AMD machine right now.

couple of notes:
 - The EVGA information sheet I received with the replacement BIOS chip mentioned an index triangle and a white dot on the BIOS chip to assist with orientation.  Neither are there in my case.  There is a tiny indented circle on the chip and it is the best way to make sure you have the BIOS inserted correctly.

- The BIOS socket is more fragile than I expected.  The BIOS hatch doors have a left side / right side that are tabbed and the one flap has to be opened first.  I think they should be numbered right on the hatch, but at least make sure you are careful and just use your fingernail when you try to open it.

I have the same issue, brand new board, tried to open doors gently with a toothpick but they would not open and applied just a tad bit more force and bios socket came loose, contacted evga tech support and he insisted that they tried themselves to break them loose and its bot easy but mine popped off easy without much force and i was denied RMA because its physical damage, i have no idea what to do with board now.
2020/03/02 14:44:24
EVGATech_AdamB
lingaraju.g
I have the same issue, brand new board, tried to open doors gently with a toothpick but they would not open and applied just a tad bit more force and bios socket came loose, contacted evga tech support and he insisted that they tried themselves to break them loose and its bot easy but mine popped off easy without much force and i was denied RMA because its physical damage, i have no idea what to do with board now.

Hello lingaraju.g! I will be sending you an e-mail so I can assist you with this. Please check your inbox shortly.
2020/03/05 13:49:38
lingaraju.g
EVGATech_AdamB
lingaraju.g

Hello lingaraju.g! I will be sending you an e-mail so I can assist you with this. Please check your inbox shortly.

Thank You.
2020/04/02 10:35:35
startekselva
EVGATech_LeeM

EVGA X299 Motherboards are Optimized For The New Intel® Core™ X-Series Processors

EVGA X299 motherboards immediately set the bar for performance, cooling and stability. Since then, EVGA has improved the cooling, reinvented the modern motherboard BIOS, and continued to shock the enthusiast world with the EVGA X299 DARK. And these boards are only just getting started….

With the release of the New Intel® Core™ X-Series Processors, EVGA X299 Motherboards are ready and waiting for them. Current owners need only update the motherboard BIOS for full compatibility; new owners can boot into the motherboard BIOS and update the BIOS with their brand-new CPUs.

EVGA X299 Motherboards provide these features to support the New Intel® Core™ X-Series Processors -
  • All EVGA X299 motherboards feature support for 32GB DIMMs with the latest BIOS
  • All EVGA X299 motherboards are optimized for VRM cooling with both active and passive cooling options
  • All EVGA X299 motherboards feature a new and improved OC Robot to automatically set PerCore ratios and voltages for maximum overclocks and stability
  • All EVGA X299 motherboards feature an updated in-BIOS Stress Test that can test settings in real-time and supports AVX2 stress testing

Learn more about EVGA X299 motherboards and these features here: https://www.evga.com/articles/01369/intel-x299-update/

The new image shows Killer E2500 with DARK is there any pcb revision coming

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account