2019/10/30 15:19:57
NeuroShock
Question: I understand this update is helping you guys with your memory clock speeds, but has anyone here actually VERIFIED that the board will now run with 2x32gb sticks?  I have been a hard core ASUS user since the turn of the century or so but their current z390 boards are truly lacking in so many ways. I just cannot stay with them anymore.
EVGA has me SUPER interested and I have just ordered an i9-9900KS and would like to run it on this board, but the 32gb memory limitation would be a deal breaker! So if someone can actually verify for SURE that this board will run two 32gb sticks in dual channel I will order this board immediately. (Someone else did ask the question above but nobody answered him...)
Can anyone from EVGA or a z390 Dark user weigh in on this issue?
I am anxiously awaiting a response!
Thanks a bunch!
-Neur0Sh0ck
2019/10/30 15:23:47
EVGA_Lee
NeuroShock
Question: I understand this update is helping you guys with your memory clock speeds, but has anyone here actually VERIFIED that the board will now run with 2x32gb sticks?  I have been a hard core ASUS user since the turn of the century or so but their current z390 boards are truly lacking in so many ways. I just cannot stay with them anymore.
EVGA has me SUPER interested and I have just ordered an i9-9900KS and would like to run it on this board, but the 32gb memory limitation would be a deal breaker! So if someone can actually verify for SURE that this board will run two 32gb sticks in dual channel I will order this board immediately. (Someone else did ask the question above but nobody answered him...)
Can anyone from EVGA or a z390 Dark user weigh in on this issue?
I am anxiously awaiting a response!
Thanks a bunch!
-Neur0Sh0ck

One of these days I'll have time to update our Memory compatibility list, but these will go on it for Z390 and X299 motherboards:

Vendor -- | - Memory Part Number - | - - Timing - - | Speed | - VDIMM - | DIMM Size | Map | - Num -| Max Size In Kit| Mem Size Tested
CORSAIR | CMK64GX4M2D3000C16 | 16-20-20-38 | - 3000 - |-  1.35V - | - 32G - | - 1+2 - | - 2 - | - - - 32G - - - | - - - 64G
2019/10/30 20:53:12
NeuroShock
FANTASTIC! Thank you so very much. Just ordered my Z390 Dark.
Thank you for the super fast response!
-Neur0Sh0ck
2019/10/31 04:08:47
d.burnette
NeuroShock
FANTASTIC! Thank you so very much. Just ordered my Z390 Dark.
Thank you for the super fast response!
-Neur0Sh0ck

Good to hear, thanks for asking about this as I had asked earlier.
At least I know going forward should I want to update to 64 GB at some point.
2019/11/07 23:07:22
rygo6
So this just appeared to destroy my computer. Followed instructions, ran the batch file. Everything was good in the command prompt. Then the computer shut down and never got back into windows. Just sat there with a black screen doing nothing. After like 2 minutes, turned it off and turned it back on with power switch. It beeps a bunch, but just sits there with black on the screen. Says 'Ab' for the code on the motherboard. Please help. Did this just cook my computer?

Pushing the clear CMOS button did nothing.
2019/11/08 09:16:39
EVGA_Lee
rygo6
So this just appeared to destroy my computer. Followed instructions, ran the batch file. Everything was good in the command prompt. Then the computer shut down and never got back into windows. Just sat there with a black screen doing nothing. After like 2 minutes, turned it off and turned it back on with power switch. It beeps a bunch, but just sits there with black on the screen. Says 'Ab' for the code on the motherboard. Please help. Did this just cook my computer?

Which motherboard do you have?
2019/11/08 09:36:03
rygo6
EVGATech_LeeM
rygo6

Which motherboard do you have?

z390 ftw
2019/12/09 10:05:02
JimBeamBlack
NEVERMIND....
Found it......

Hey y'all, I have a quick question on flashing the BIOS for the Z390 Dark.

On the instructions it says to: 
BIOS Installation
  • Extract the contents of .zip file to USB flash drive (must be formatted as FAT32)
  • Reboot the machine and go into the system BIOS
  • From the BIOS, navigate to the Save & Exit tab and open "Select BIOS File."
  • Select the .bin file you wish to flash.                   

But, I don't seem to have the option to: "Select BIOS File." Do I need to have my USB in a specific slot for it to show?

or Am I just missing it?
thanks

2019/12/10 05:23:27
EVGA_Lee
JimBeamBlack
NEVERMIND....
Found it......

Hey y'all, I have a quick question on flashing the BIOS for the Z390 Dark.

On the instructions it says to: 
BIOS Installation
  • Extract the contents of .zip file to USB flash drive (must be formatted as FAT32)
  • Reboot the machine and go into the system BIOS
  • From the BIOS, navigate to the Save & Exit tab and open "Select BIOS File."
  • Select the .bin file you wish to flash.                   

But, I don't seem to have the option to: "Select BIOS File." Do I need to have my USB in a specific slot for it to show?

or Am I just missing it?
thanks

Click the Extras button at the top on the left.  You'll be able to select BIOS Update from there.
2019/12/13 22:11:54
MhzManiac
There is a USB port right on the MB isn't there?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account