2019/09/19 17:14:08
EVGA_Lee

Everyone knows that the EVGA PowerLink™ does wonders to improve your cable management for your graphics card. But did you know that the EVGA PowerLink™ also stabilizes the power going into your graphics card?  The EVGA PowerLink™ is designed to provide both a more stable power source and reduce ripple and noise, compared to connecting your power supply directly to the graphics card.

Click the banner above or here to learn more about the EVGA PowerLink and why power matters.
2019/09/19 18:05:08
Hoggle
Good read since I had know it had them but didn’t really think to much about the benefits of having one. Probably a good idea to add one as it should last a few cards unless a major change happens to how cards are powered and could help the card last longer.
2019/09/19 21:25:51
Vlada011
It's bad because I can't use one. On my GPU connectors are upside down.
That mean lock mechanism is on top. I'm not sure why ASUS design like that.

But Poseidon is nicest GTX1080Ti on market after GTX1080Ti K|NGP|N Hydro Copper.
I really had luck with size. PCB shape saved me, and cables fit in case only because PCB is cut on that part. 
With flat PCB I would not be able to close Tempered Glass door and then I would need to pay 79 euro for Vertical GPU Mount for case.
2019/09/20 00:39:38
MSim
The PCIE cable evga used to show a difference, do they have a capacitor in them?

2019/09/20 09:24:44
Elrik138
This is a very nice design, genius in fact. It is however limited by the fact that should your EVGA GPU ever die and you buy a different manufacturer's card you have just rendered it useless. The power pins can be moved spatially, changed in configuration (ie. 6Pin + 8Pin, 8Pin + 6Pin, 8Pin Only or 6Pin Only) but they Can't be turned to have the pin clip(s) face the back of the card making its use with another manufacturer's card impossible. You Don't make PSUs that work only with EVGA Motherboards, and GPUS so Why limited this to only work with an EVGA, Founders Edition Card, and the few Other(?) Cards in this configuration? 

Maybe release a second product where the Power Pins are reversed? Or one where they can be reversed?

Despite this complaint, ALL My PC's will always have room for EVGA Parts. I use only EVGA PSU's in My Own PC's and maybe my next GPU will go back to EVGA< who knows. Best Regards,

Mark
2019/09/20 15:25:31
the_Scarlet_one
Why would any company release a product to cater to the competition, especially when it is a very inexpensive accessory?

It would cost far more than it would benefit to cater to users that want these for a different manufacturer. The next request would be to remove the EVGA branding so it doesn’t interfere with an ASUS/MSI/Palit/Gigabyte/***** (not vulgar, * placed so users can insert any name they want) GPU. It may be best to ask other manufacturers to engineer a like product for their own lineup.
2019/09/20 16:48:50
MSim
the_Scarlet_one
Why would any company release a product to cater to the competition, especially when it is a very inexpensive accessory?

It would cost far more than it would benefit to cater to users that want these for a different manufacturer. The next request would be to remove the EVGA branding so it doesn’t interfere with an ASUS/MSI/Palit/Gigabyte/***** (not vulgar, * placed so users can insert any name they want) GPU. It may be best to ask other manufacturers to engineer a like product for their own lineup.

Already a HUGE mark up on this item. If they made adjustable one, they could make way more money.

Still trying to find out if the PCIE cables evga used for the test had a capacitor in them or not.
2019/09/20 17:50:31
the_Scarlet_one
MSim 
Already a HUGE mark up on this item. If they made adjustable one, they could make way more money.

Still trying to find out if the PCIE cables evga used for the test had a capacitor in them or not.

How HUGE of a markup?  I haven't seen the cost of making these items, and I know they gave quite a few of them away with a promotion during the 1070/1080/1080ti lifetime.  

I wouldn't have the answer to that question, but I am sure if EVGA wants to answer, they will reply. I would assume they tested it across numerous different power supplies and cables to verify their results.

If users are comfortable modifying, I am sure that someone could easily figure out how to make it work themselves.. I mean, it's already been done once, and the user even showed exactly what to do.  
2019/09/20 19:46:10
MSim
the_Scarlet_one
MSim 

How HUGE of a markup?  I haven't seen the cost of making these items, and I know they gave quite a few of them away with a promotion during the 1070/1080/1080ti lifetime.  

I wouldn't have the answer to that question, but I am sure if EVGA wants to answer, they will reply. I would assume they tested it across numerous different power supplies and cables to verify their results.

If users are comfortable modifying, I am sure that someone could easily figure out how to make it work themselves.. I mean, it's already been done once, and the user even showed exactly what to do.  

I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to any companies marketing. Nothing in the article tells us if they used PCIE cables that have a capacitor or not. The Powerlink i believe has at least one capacitor in it. The 15c capacitor could be the only thing helping to reduce the ripple.

2019/09/21 03:34:34
the_Scarlet_one
MSim

I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to any companies marketing. Nothing in the article tells us if they used PCIE cables that have a capacitor or not. The Powerlink i believe has at least one capacitor in it. The 15c capacitor could be the only thing helping to reduce the ripple.

I feel like the quantity of capacitors on the powerlink was shown in the last thread I linked:

If you really want the answer and to find the testing, why not reach out to Johnny Guru and ask if they will test it independently?  I am sure that would answer all the questions if they did test it. I am sure more than one person is curious and would like to see the results as well. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account