2019/09/19 09:39:50
jaxkrabbit
I tried out PX1 when it first launched on my 2080Ti and it was quite buggy. Like unable to save profile, unable to apply profile at start-up, unable to save fan profile and etc. Been using Afterburner all this time. I would like to know whether the now non-beta PX1 has matured to the level of Afterburner? Is it good enough for daily drive overclocking and custom fan curve now?

Thanks!
2019/09/20 03:54:40
d.burnette
Daily driver overclocking and applying custom fan settings I would say yes.
I use it daily for just that with no issue. No issue saving and loading profiles on my end either.
I would note, I do not have it selected to load at startup - I have seen reports of that still being somewhat buggy at times.

I launch it with a profile for working at desktop when I start up my PC for the day, then close PX1.  And when I game I just load my gaming profile with my custom settings, and leave PX1 running whilst gaming.  When finished I load my desktop profile again and close the program.

For this it works just fine for me and my 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra.
However no, I would say it is not yet at the level of Afterburner. But in my case AB can't control all three of my fans.
Alternatively if one wished, they could use PX1 to manually set a fan percentage, then close it and launch Afterburner to use for the rest for that gaming session. This would work well for those that need control of three fans and prefer AB for the rest. Note though only for a manual percentage setting of the fans with PX1, a Fan Curve would not work in this way.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account