2019/09/19 12:36:15
clawzskunk
I read them and can’t find it in the EMEA previous warranty info, happy to have you point it out to me though
2019/09/19 12:53:32
EVGATech_DanielM
Recertified products sent out in RMA are considered B Stock items. Anything we send out in RMA we are comfortable selling under B Stock on our website. I understand it can be confusing as it refers to purchases but the sentence right above states unless outside of 30 days is a recertified product. But as Jaeson said, it is always a case by case basis. I am sure we will get you taken care of however. 
2019/09/19 13:09:11
clawzskunk
Hi Daniel, thanks for the response! Please don’t misunderstand my disagreement with me disregarding your help.

But I disagree that Recertified stock means I have to put up with dents and gashes in the card housing or concerns with the water pump shroud. Everyone keeps pointing me towards the warranty wording and then either referring to the 2018 wording or the USA wording, which I’m assuming was placed in because of this exact issue.

The housing is possibly the cheapest and easiest interchangeable part for the manufacturer and customers shouldn’t be at detriment because of a manufacturing issue. Not only this but as the cheapest part it feels reasonable to expect these external easily replaceable parts to be rectifiable by EVGA. Especially as they are considered a premium card manufacturer.

I have gone out of my way to look after my card as I do all of my equipment and am not willing to accept an externally damaged card in exchange for one which I have looked after properly and done everything I should to look after it.

Hopefully I’ll be able to have a reasonable talk with the EU manager tomorrow to see how we can resolve this sooner rather than later.
2019/09/19 13:14:18
clawzskunk
Also, it’s EVGA often won’t accept cards back that have any physical damage as shown in the terms:

“Any damages to the components, hardware and/or assembly of the graphics card including neglect, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress.”

So in this case why should I accept it on an RMA replacement
2019/09/19 14:23:19
EVGATech_DanielM
clawzskunk
Hi Daniel, thanks for the response! Please don’t misunderstand my disagreement with me disregarding your help.

But I disagree that Recertified stock means I have to put up with dents and gashes in the card housing or concerns with the water pump shroud. Everyone keeps pointing me towards the warranty wording and then either referring to the 2018 wording or the USA wording, which I’m assuming was placed in because of this exact issue.

The housing is possibly the cheapest and easiest interchangeable part for the manufacturer and customers shouldn’t be at detriment because of a manufacturing issue. Not only this but as the cheapest part it feels reasonable to expect these external easily replaceable parts to be rectifiable by EVGA. Especially as they are considered a premium card manufacturer.

I have gone out of my way to look after my card as I do all of my equipment and am not willing to accept an externally damaged card in exchange for one which I have looked after properly and done everything I should to look after it.

Hopefully I’ll be able to have a reasonable talk with the EU manager tomorrow to see how we can resolve this sooner rather than later.

No problem, absolutely did not take it that way just trying to explain how the recertification process works. Our EU team is very understanding and keep us updated when you speak to them. Have a great rest of your evening. 
2019/09/20 05:52:22
clawzskunk
Hi Jaeson, rather than anyone from the management team actually calling me back, as promised, I received a rather generic and unsigned response in email.

I’ve tried twice now to have the matter escalated to be able to speak to a manager about this and 2 days running so I can have a human conversation. But apparently evga Europe has no management after midday? Is this something you could assist with as even requesting a callback doesn’t seem to be working?
2019/09/20 12:54:08
ty_ger07
clawzskunk
Also, it’s EVGA often won’t accept cards back that have any physical damage as shown in the terms:

“Any damages to the components, hardware and/or assembly of the graphics card including neglect, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress.”

So in this case why should I accept it on an RMA replacement

EVGA's practices and warranty terms place them in a tough position. Whenever a customer gets denied warranty coverage due to damage, the customer gets mad. On the other side, whenever EVGA accepts damaged stuff through a warranty claim, the next customer who receives it as a refurbished RMA replacement or a B-stock item, gets mad about the damage.

I totally understand what you mean about the shroud being easily replaceable and a cheap part. Why doesn't EVGA have spare shrouds? Or why can't EVGA save the nice undamaged shrouds from the warranty cards which were totally toast and otherwise unusable? Who knows. Labor is too expensive?

All I am saying is that you have to appreciate a little bit how bad of a position EVGA has placed itself. I mean, it's good for it as a small company. It's good for it for making money. But it is bad for it in pretty much every other way.
2019/09/23 16:40:13
Deflorator5000

clawzskunk
Hey all, I'm just wondering whether I am alone on this topic?

I am going through the RMA process as the pump on my pristine 1080ti SC2 Hybrid gave out within warranty. I've paid the extra money for the accelerated RMA and the card they've sent me looks like it has been dropped or something... 

The card may work fine, but is this really acceptible? This PC is my showpiece, there's a big glass window to show off what I have inside and that it's all done nicely and taken care of... This isn't all the damage, but just a few examples.

I mean if a part on my car failed and they replaced the car and gave me one back with a big scratch down it or chipped windows I'd be saying exactly the same thing... Just looking for other peoples oppinions atm, but I have taken great care of my card and I don't want to give them one back which is pristine to get scuffed and scratched rejects.

Regards

Ricky

Are you in the EU?

2019/09/23 16:57:20
clawzskunk
I am 
2019/09/23 17:25:27
Deflorator5000
clawzskunk
I am 

Take a look at EU law on the warranty, you have the right to choose a repair on your original card or replace it, it's your choice and they have breached that, you clearly wanted a repair.

You're not the only one going through something like this with them but I wouldn't bother asking anything else on this forum, answers here are always pretty useless and they hate anyone complaining about EVGA even if it's a legit complaint like yours, just do what I did and stop feeding their ego's.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account