2019/09/19 07:19:49
clawzskunk
Hey all, I'm just wondering whether I am alone on this topic?

I am going through the RMA process as the pump on my pristine 1080ti SC2 Hybrid gave out within warranty. I've paid the extra money for the accelerated RMA and the card they've sent me looks like it has been dropped or something... 

The card may work fine, but is this really acceptible? This PC is my showpiece, there's a big glass window to show off what I have inside and that it's all done nicely and taken care of... This isn't all the damage, but just a few examples.

I mean if a part on my car failed and they replaced the car and gave me one back with a big scratch down it or chipped windows I'd be saying exactly the same thing... Just looking for other peoples oppinions atm, but I have taken great care of my card and I don't want to give them one back which is pristine to get scuffed and scratched rejects.

Regards

Ricky

Attached Image(s)

2019/09/19 07:32:57
Cool GTX
RMA replacement, is from used cards as stated in the terms - EVGA Warranty

Had you posted before Cross shipping the RMA - I'd have suggested - once the RMA card arrives, you just swap the pumps - as an option to keep your card

Moving to Warranty Section of Forums
2019/09/19 07:37:38
Delirious
Ricky,

I don't know what EVGA customer service will say.  But replacements are from what is available.  Often times used cards that have been tested.   That particular model has been sought after and could be limited in the number of products that are available.  I see what you are saying about the look.  Give EVGA a shout on the phone and see what they say.  You can reference your post here with pictures. 

RMAs fall under warranty, so moving to the warranty section of the forum. 
2019/09/19 07:41:36
clawzskunk
Hey @ Delerious

I have been an EVGA advocate now for years, but I am bitterly dissapointed. They should still have some quality control in what they're sending back. If I sent them my card for RMA in that condition they'd probably tell me I'd mistreated it and that's why it's not working... If they can't provide me with an appropriate replacement then the better service would have been to offer an upgrade rather than sending me something back looks like it has been dropped.

Delirious
Ricky,

I don't know what EVGA customer service will say.  But replacements are from what is available.  Often times used cards that have been tested.   That particular model has been sought after and could be limited in the number of products that are available.  I see what you are saying about the look.  Give EVGA a shout on the phone and see what they say.  You can reference your post here with pictures. 

RMAs fall under warranty, so moving to the warranty section of the forum. 

2019/09/19 07:44:49
Delirious
So contact them.  See what they say about it.  That's what I would do and I'd be humble about it.  You get the best CS when you are nice and explain things. 
2019/09/19 07:45:12
clawzskunk
Hey Cool GTX,

If I had the technical knowhow on how to do this and didn't worry that they would use it as a method to try and void my warranty I would. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a non-cosmetically damaged product when I bought their flagship product at the time.

Also the section of the website you have linked to is the new warranty terms:

[font="'helvetica neue', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 18px"]Product Warranty Replacement
  • EVGA reserves the right to verify the validity of your warranty and your request for warranty service.
  • EVGA reserves the right to invoice you for shipping fees and service charges for any incomplete, damaged or modified Product that is returned to EVGA and requires repair or replacement or that is not otherwise covered under this Limited Warranty. Service charges are variable based upon the actual material and labor cost reasonably necessary to replace missing or return modified parts to their original factory condition.
  • Products sent in for RMA will be repaired and returned or replaced with a thoroughly tested recertified product of equal or greater performance.
  • This EVGA Limited Warranty begins from the date that the Product was originally purchased, as verified by a proof of purchase provided and/or confirmed by an Authorized Reseller.
  • All products returned to Original Purchasers or Second-Hand Purchasers from EVGA's RMA department are thoroughly tested recertified products. Replacement parts and/or Products may include new or refurbished parts or Products and are warranted only until the expiration of the original warranty period. Replacement parts and/or Products will meet the standard of performance and reliability of a new Product or part of the same model, however, such Products and/or parts may have small scratches, small dents, other cosmetic defects, or noticeable use.
  • If an RMA is necessary within 30 days of the original purchase date of a new in box Product, a new in box OEM replacement will be sent to the Original Purchaser in return, subject to availability.
  • All recertified (B-Stock) purchases will receive a recertified product as an RMA replacement. B-Stock Products are units which may have small scratches, small dents, or noticeable use. These products are Factory Recertified to meet the performance and reliability of a new product of the same model.

I bought prior to this and am being dealt with under the old EMEA terms:

[font="'helvetica neue', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 22px"]Replacement and Refund:
  • Products sent in for RMA will be repaired or replaced with a product deemed to be of equal or greater performance by EVGA if an exact replacement is not available.
  • EVGA Warranty begins from the date the product is shipped from the EVGA warehouse.
    • For the original owner of the product with a valid invoice that can be verified from an approved reseller the warranty begins from the date of purchase on the invoice.
  • EVGA only offers refunds on products purchased directly from EU.EVGA.com within 30 days of purchase and are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
    • For products not purchased at EVGA.com, all refund claims would need to be processed through the vendor that sold the product according to their return policy.
  • All products returned from EVGA's RMA department are thoroughly tested recertified products. If an RMA is necessary within 30 days of the original purchase date, a new in box replacement will be sent in return. All recertified purchases will receive a recertified product for replacement.
  • Replacements under EVGA's RMA Service will continue the original product's warranty based on the original warranty start date.

There is no caveat in my warranty information about cosmetic damage being acceptable.  

- Ricky

Cool GTX
replacement, is from used cards as stated in the terms -

Had you posted before Cross shipping the RMA - I'd have suggested - once the RMA card arrives, you just swap the pumps - as an option to keep your card

2019/09/19 07:46:19
clawzskunk
I did and their initial response is that it's cosmetic and in their oppinion minor. so I've asked if I can escalate the matter because it doesn't feel right. They've told me there's no managers in the office atm.

If I had done something the make the card not work then It would be a different story, but when it's a manufacturing fault they should really be replacing with something in the same or better condition as they are responsible for the issue in the first place.

Delirious
So contact them.  See what they say about it.  That's what I would do and I'd be humble about it.  You get the best CS when you are nice and explain things. 

2019/09/19 10:54:04
EVGATech_JaesonW
Hi clawzskunk,

I'm sorry the condition of your replacement doesn't meet your expectations. RMA replacements and B-stock may have slight cosmetic blemishes, which should not affect the performance or the warranty status of your card. This is more common with older last-gen products like your 1080Ti, and like Delirious pointed out, especially so with lower-run and highly desired products like Hybrids, Hydro Coppers, Kingpins, etc. As most of our customers are more concerned with performance than looks, it's not usually an issue. For those where the look is just as important (count me in there too!), we're more than happy to work with customers on a case-by-case basis.

Cool-GTX has an excellent suggestion about swapping the coolers if you're doing a cross-ship, that's what we suggest to customers who have custom-painted shrouds as well.
2019/09/19 11:05:36
clawzskunk
Hi Jaeson,

Re: the condition of the replacement cards, it’s clear that this is an issue as the warranty information has been updated to take these scenarios into consideration, but there is no caveat for cosmetic damage in the EMEA warranty for my card based on the date it was bought.

Re: changing the shroud, this is an option but would this not void my warranty? Plus I’m not sure it’s right that they expect customers to do this.

I’m still waiting for them to contact me back. I been an evga user for more than 10 years I think, and this is the first experience of their RMA process. It doesn’t fill me with confidence moving forwards
2019/09/19 12:10:56
EVGATech_DanielM
clawzskunk
Hey Cool GTX,

If I had the technical knowhow on how to do this and didn't worry that they would use it as a method to try and void my warranty I would. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a non-cosmetically damaged product when I bought their flagship product at the time.

Also the section of the website you have linked to is the new warranty terms:

[font="'helvetica neue', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 18px"]Product Warranty Replacement
  • EVGA reserves the right to verify the validity of your warranty and your request for warranty service.
  • EVGA reserves the right to invoice you for shipping fees and service charges for any incomplete, damaged or modified Product that is returned to EVGA and requires repair or replacement or that is not otherwise covered under this Limited Warranty. Service charges are variable based upon the actual material and labor cost reasonably necessary to replace missing or return modified parts to their original factory condition.
  • Products sent in for RMA will be repaired and returned or replaced with a thoroughly tested recertified product of equal or greater performance.
  • This EVGA Limited Warranty begins from the date that the Product was originally purchased, as verified by a proof of purchase provided and/or confirmed by an Authorized Reseller.
  • All products returned to Original Purchasers or Second-Hand Purchasers from EVGA's RMA department are thoroughly tested recertified products. Replacement parts and/or Products may include new or refurbished parts or Products and are warranted only until the expiration of the original warranty period. Replacement parts and/or Products will meet the standard of performance and reliability of a new Product or part of the same model, however, such Products and/or parts may have small scratches, small dents, other cosmetic defects, or noticeable use.
  • If an RMA is necessary within 30 days of the original purchase date of a new in box Product, a new in box OEM replacement will be sent to the Original Purchaser in return, subject to availability.
  • All recertified (B-Stock) purchases will receive a recertified product as an RMA replacement. B-Stock Products are units which may have small scratches, small dents, or noticeable use. These products are Factory Recertified to meet the performance and reliability of a new product of the same model.

I bought prior to this and am being dealt with under the old EMEA terms:

[font="'helvetica neue', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 22px"]Replacement and Refund:
  • Products sent in for RMA will be repaired or replaced with a product deemed to be of equal or greater performance by EVGA if an exact replacement is not available.
  • EVGA Warranty begins from the date the product is shipped from the EVGA warehouse.
    • For the original owner of the product with a valid invoice that can be verified from an approved reseller the warranty begins from the date of purchase on the invoice.
  • EVGA only offers refunds on products purchased directly from EU.EVGA.com within 30 days of purchase and are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
    • For products not purchased at EVGA.com, all refund claims would need to be processed through the vendor that sold the product according to their return policy.
  • All products returned from EVGA's RMA department are thoroughly tested recertified products. If an RMA is necessary within 30 days of the original purchase date, a new in box replacement will be sent in return. All recertified purchases will receive a recertified product for replacement.
  • Replacements under EVGA's RMA Service will continue the original product's warranty based on the original warranty start date.

There is no caveat in my warranty information about cosmetic damage being acceptable.  

- Ricky

Cool GTX
replacement, is from used cards as stated in the terms -

https://www.evga.com/warranty/2011/graphics-cards/

This is also in the previous warranty terms in regards to your card purchase date. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account