2019/09/19 06:31:13
rjohnson11
https://www.techpowerup.com/259328/antec-presents-the-versatile-nx1000-case

Antec Inc., a leading provider of high-performance computer components and accessories for the gaming, PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself market, present the latest model of their NX Gaming Series: the Antec NX1000. The cases are now commercially available on US Newegg & Amazon. Antec's NX -Series offers a wide range of gaming cases featuring LED lighting and eye-catching front panel designs. The models NX100, NX210, NX300, NX310, NX400, NX600 and NX1000 are the latest models on the US market.

The case fits motherboards of up to ATX size, two 3.5" HDD/2.5" SSD (convertible), two 2.5" SSD, graphics cards with a length of up to 370 mm as well as CPU coolers with a height of up to 180 mm. It features seven expansion slots as well as a front panel equipped with LED Control Button, Power, MIC/Audio and two USB 3.0 connectors. To keep the system tidy and cable management easy, the included cable cover tucks away the power cable of the motherboard neatly.

Pricing wasn't announced but I personally expect it to be low and competitive. I am a bit concerned with front intake airflow in this case. 

2019/09/19 08:19:51
Cool GTX
Nice looking price point case, though I'd worry about the airflow if your looking to install a high power GPU
2019/09/19 10:16:20
Hoggle
Looks like a pretty basic case. I can't really see anything worth getting excited about but the price is probably  good. That said it's worth putting a bit more into the case I feel to get something you will be happy with long term. After all the case is really the part you will see daily.
2019/09/19 13:40:08
kougar
I used to buy nothing but Antec cases when I first started building rigs. Absolutely nothing about that case says "Antec" to me, it looks like any of three different cases on the market combined into one. 
2019/09/19 23:24:51
GTXJackBauer
kougar
I used to buy nothing but Antec cases when I first started building rigs. Absolutely nothing about that case says "Antec" to me, it looks like any of three different cases on the market combined into one. 

Yep, I used to go with Antec as well in the early-mid 2000s.  I used a Antec 1200 which looked great at the time and performed amazingly for a air cooled rig.  I currently use it as my secondary X58 backup rig/folder still but she's been offline cause it's not worth keeping her running and wasting $$$ or at least that's what I'm yelled told around here. 
2019/09/20 03:35:35
kougar
Yep, pretty much did the same. I kept my Antec P180 around collecting dust, and my father still uses my original DIY rig that I stuffed into an Antec SOHO SX1040BII. Loud as sin by today's standards, but it had airflow.  Noise doesn't bother him at all, helps him know it's running. Moved my first DIY rig into an Antec Sonata and sold that one. The SOHO case still has the Abit IS7 chart diagram sticker on the inside panel, you don't see those included with motherboards made in the last decade even though they need 'em now more than ever. 

I hear ya about the folding equipment... have a GTX 480 Hydro that I had secretly hoped would wear out folding, but it never ever did. Sure as heck not worth the power draw folding on it now... it even outlasted the EVGA Titan Black that replaced it. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account