2019/09/18 22:51:02
rjohnson11
https://www.planet3dnow.de/vbulletin/threads/434159-2nd-Gen-AMD-EPYC%E2%84%A2-Continues-Market-Momentum-with-New-Customers-New-Performance-Milestones-and-Now-100-World-Records1

At the European launch in Rome, Italy AMD today highlighted the growing adoption of 2nd Gen AMD EPYC processors across cloud, enterprise and HPC customers. "Today, we are proud to have new platforms from Dell and new customers adopting 2nd Gen AMD EPYC for cloud, enterprise computing and HPC," said Forrest Norrod, senior vice president and general manager, Datacenter and Embedded Solutions Business Group. "We continue to take the AMD EPYC processor to new heights and are thrilled to have the ecosystem supporting us across hardware, software and cloud providers as we face the challenges of the modern data center head-on."

AMD also announced a new addition to the 2nd Generation AMD EPYC family, the AMD EPYC 7H12 processor. The 64 core/128 thread, 2.60 GHz base frequency, 3.30 GHz max boost frequency, 280 W TDP processor is specifically built for HPC customers and workloads, using liquid cooling to deliver leadership supercomputing performance. In an ATOS testing on their BullSequana XH2000, the new AMD EPYC 7H12 processor achieved a LINPACK score of ~ 4.2 TeraFLOPS, ~11% better than the AMD EPYC 7742 processor.

AMD is continuing its forward momentum in my opinion in both consumer and business ventures. 
2019/09/18 23:13:20
Vlada011
I still hope Intel will change something before DDR5 and USB 4.0 become available, some rumors say even PCI-E 5.0.
If AMD implement these features on their high end motherboards with some nice processor like 3900X I will not wait anything more.
Only now I think because I don't have money and don't need PCI-E 4.0 SSD like CORSAIR MP600 AMD will not give me nothing new and worth of upgrade.
Even if I upgrade to AMD I will need 300 euro for PCI-E 4.0 M.2... Even if I buy PCI-E 4.0 M.2 I have reason to suspect that some new changes will be available far before X570 become 2 years old.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account