2019/09/18 13:54:02
spitfire91104
Hey Guys,

Picked up a 1080ti FTW3 awhile back but have just been running it stock till recently. Noticed the first 13mhz throttle at either 38 degrees on the gpu or 40 degrees on power whichever comes first.
It will soon be on water but doubt I could see that low of temps for extended periods of time.
I have read quite a few threads pertaining to 1080ti thermal throttling but never came across an instance where it was starting at that low of a temperature. 
Just trying to find out if anyone else has a throttle at the low of temp. I know the hotter it gets the more it will throttle. 

This is all with stock bios, 117% power target and 89* temp target. Switching bios wouldn't change when boost 3.0 throttles will it?

Thanks
2019/09/18 14:36:20
ty_ger07
That's not thermal throttling. That's GPU Boost 3.0 clock bins. Yes, that is normal.

From an AnandTech article, their observations:

The exact clocks and voltage will be GPU specific, but you can see that the behavior is similar at similar temperatures.
2019/09/18 14:50:27
spitfire91104
ty_ger07
That's not thermal throttling. That's GPU Boost 3.0 clock bins. Yes, that is normal.

From an AnandTech article, their observations:

The exact clocks and voltage will be GPU specific, but you can see that the behavior is similar at similar temperatures.

Gotcha. Too early for thermal throttling. 

Thank you for the clarification. Still getting used to boost 3.0 with it fluctuating.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account