2019/09/18 05:14:24
rjohnson11
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/gearbox_is_working_on_a_performance_quality_of_life_patch_for_borderlands_3/1

In a recent Twitter post, Gearbox has confirmed that the company is working on a "performance and quality of life" patch for Borderlands 3. At this time it is unknown what this patch will change, but we are hopeful that it will improve Borderlands 3's user experience.      

One change that we would like to see if the option to select DirectX 11 or DirectX 12 when booting the game on PC. This will work around the game's DirectX 12 boot issues and allow gamers to more easily switch back to DirectX 11 is they experience game boot issues. Right now, players who cannot boot Borderlands 3 under DirectX 12 can follow this guide to revert to Borderlands 3's DirectX 11 mode.  

While a "final" DirectX 12 implementation is promised in an upcoming patch, we expect Gearbox's early performance/quality of life patch to focus on smaller issues. Especially those that impact console players. Sadly, Gearbox has not released an ETA for its upcoming Borderlands 3 performance/quality of life patch. 

Gearbox has a lot of work ahead of them in my opinion to resolve the issues. 
2019/09/18 05:26:10
aka_STEVE_b
Seems like over 75% of the time , any of these 'AAA' studio game launches all need 1 year more before they are actually working well. 
2019/09/18 06:21:54
Cool GTX
More - buggy DirectX 12 implementation
2019/09/18 09:53:52
Hoggle
I think it's really bad that companies  focus so much on the release date being hit. This game could have been pushed back a month or two for issues to be fixed and would have been fine for the holiday release window. Instead they announced the release date long ago and then released before they should have. That said it's a good game and recommended. The issues will be addressed I am sure and the game is worth playing.
2019/09/18 18:33:55
kougar
aka_STEVE_b
Seems like over 75% of the time , any of these 'AAA' studio game launches all need 1 year more before they are actually working well. 

The larger the studio the more egregious the launches seem to be. Pretty funny that when it comes to steam next year it will be a stable, fixed version... all the more reason to not buy at launch.  Honestly it's like they spent only two weeks optimizing, the performance stuttering on flagship hardware is bad in of itself, so I'd hate to see a budget card trying to cope with it. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account