2019/09/17 07:39:20
tatm mrk. RIVE
Are we going to get any updates for drivers? I have a problem. I reinstalled available drivers.
after getting a windows update my audio and bluetooth devices are completely borked.
I have had to go to intel to get the current LAN driver a few times...

Anyway, anyone have an idea for a solution?

Attached Image(s)

2019/09/17 08:42:01
bob16314
If you can uninstall the Windows Update that borked it or go back to a System Restore Point before the update, that would be cool.

There's a 'Show or Hide Windows Updates' tool that I use and run it before running the normal Windows Update, then hide the updates you don't want, then run the normal Windows Update and they won't be shown/not available..That also gives you time to research an update or updates to find out if there's any known issues/bugs before installing..You can 'unhide' any update that you've previously hidden at any time.

You can set a 'Metered Connection' in Windows to prevent Windows from automatically downloading and installing updates, then you have to do it manually..Open the Properties of your connection and turn on 'Set as metered connection'..Also in Windows Update, open the 'Advanced options' and turn off 'Download updates over metered connections.'

You can set the Show or Hide Updates tool to run automatically on a schedule if you want to by Creating a Task for it in Task Manager to run, say, every day at 8:00am or whenever you want.

That is what I do.
2019/09/17 12:13:54
tatm mrk. RIVE
Thanks, yeah I smooshed a few options to get a newer update n it fixed it. Thanks for your tips though, I was doing most of that but I will definitely check out the tool. and start looking for reports before downloading the updates

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account