2019/09/23 13:35:44
Cool GTX
this type of issue was reported by another member https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2994432

fix was update some software:  "iCUE software bug from the last firmware. Corsair finally rolled out a new update"

No idea if you have that specific software ...
2019/09/23 22:24:24
GTXJackBauer
Cool GTX
this type of issue was reported by another member https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2994432

fix was update some software:  "iCUE software bug from the last firmware. Corsair finally rolled out a new update"

No idea if you have that specific software ...

+1
2019/09/24 07:47:36
Brad_Hawthorne
Just a simple question to better help frame what might be the issue. Are you running everything with maximum settings? Some games just run like trash regardless of what hardware you have because their idea of Ultimate settings in games is simply unattainable smooth framerates. Turn down settings in the games a bit to alleviate issues. Just because you have an 1080ti, doesn't mean it's going to run everything maxed out.
2019/09/25 13:07:18
chrisdglong
You should always setup a task to run emptystandbylist every 5 mins to clear standby memory. This has been an issue since early builds of Windows 10 and has NOT been fixed. You WILL get stutters eventually if you let the standby memory fill up.
2019/09/25 13:30:50
Cool GTX
chrisdglong
You should always setup a task to run emptystandbylist every 5 mins to clear standby memory. This has been an issue since early builds of Windows 10 and has NOT been fixed. You WILL get stutters eventually if you let the standby memory fill up.

Interesting

that lead me to these:  
All games stuttering with FPS drops since Windows 10 Creators Update

Standby memory reclaim service (game stuttering fix) 

How to fix micro-stuttering in Battlefield V

RAMMap v1.52
"Have you ever wondered exactly how Windows is assigning physical memory, how much file data is cached in RAM, or how much RAM is used by the kernel and device drivers? RAMMap makes answering those questions easy."
2019/09/26 11:25:04
chrisdglong
You can use RAMMap to manually clear standby memory, but you need emptystandbylist to setup a schedule to clear it automatically. I have three separate computers. On all three of them, if I don't setup the auto clearing of standby memory, I get stutters. Once I setup the schedule to automatically clear standby memory, the stutters are gone.

EDIT: Here is the website with the download: https://wj32.org/wp/software/empty-standby-list/

1. Download the file.
2. Place in a location that it will never move from (mine is in documents).
3. Type "Task Scheduler" into your Windows search.
4. "Create task" on the right hand panel.
5. Name it emptystandbylist (or something you will remember).
6. "When running the task, use the following user account" = SYSTEM
7. "Run with highest privileges"
8. Check "Hidden".
9. Under "Triggers", select "one time" and "after triggered, repeat every 5 minutes indefinitely".
10. Under "Actions", "Start a program" and select the location of the program.
11. Under "Settings", only select "Allow task to be run on demand", "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed", "if running task does not end when requested, force it to stop" and "do not start a new instance". Everything else here is unchecked.
12.History tab is disabled.
13. Restart your computer.

To determine if it is working. Wait for 5 minutes to pass since you restarted (have task manager open in on the performance tab, at the bottom select "Open Resource Monitor" and watch the memory tab. After 5 minutes, you will see all the standby section (dark blue) shrink.

2019/10/01 11:33:23
Cool GTX
@ chrisdglong

thanks for steps to make that work

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account