2019/09/14 16:09:07
Nervoize
Heya,

Since two days i am having major stuttering and fps drops in games. I cannot figure out the cause of it or the solution.
I have tried the following:
- Reinstall games
- Reinstall Windows
- Flash GPU bios
- Reset motherboard bios
- Reinstall drivers

Nothing seems to work. In the first 10-ish seconds nothing is wrong, after about 10 seconds i notice a lower fps and drops over time.
It feels like i have 60 fps or less (most likely less) though i am at a higher framerate (still not the usual framerate though).
Grand Theft Auto for example i have 49 fps where i should have 140 ish. Rocket League spikes from 70 to 150 which should be 165 steady and Sea of Thieves is around 40-110 where i should never get less than 90.

Does anyone know what could be wrong here? I have attached some screenshots which might help.

In GPU-Z i see changes which are visible if you compare the two screenshots (Texture and Pixel fillrate)
HWMonitor screenshot is taken after 1 full match of Rocket League and started counting when i booted up this game.

Attached Image(s)

2019/09/14 16:13:12
XrayMan

Moved to the Gaming section.
2019/09/14 16:41:34
Sajin
Check and make sure your cpu isn't getting too hot while gaming. Also make sure you aren't running your graphic settings too high in your games.
2019/09/14 16:44:40
Nervoize
Sajin
Check and make sure your cpu isn't getting too hot while gaming. Also make sure you aren't running your graphic settings too high in your games.

I am aware of both. However the settings haven’t been changed ever since. Issue occured 2 days ago and should not be related to heat and/or settings.

The max temp of the cpu while gaming is 50 ish. The gpu about 37 ish.
2019/09/14 16:49:12
Sajin
Do you have gamebar and game dvr disabled?
2019/09/14 17:24:01
the_Scarlet_one
Youre showing a GPU utilization limit and only 65% max GPU usage.

This may sound weird, but make sure none of your power cables are loose from vibration over time
2019/09/14 23:29:21
chrisdglong
Do you have one y cable going to your graphics card? I ran it like this with my 1080Ti and it was fine... When I tried it with my 2080Ti, I got massive stuttering and frame drops right away. You should ALWAYS run two separate PCIe power cables to your GPU, if you are not already.
2019/09/15 07:02:57
Nervoize
Sajin
Do you have gamebar and game dvr disabled?

No i have not. Don't know if they are neccesary for Windows games like Sea of Thieves. Also am i not sure if this issue is related to that since i only have this issue for 3 days now.

the_Scarlet_one
Youre showing a GPU utilization limit and only 65% max GPU usage.

This may sound weird, but make sure none of your power cables are loose from vibration over time

Cables are all connected properly without any movement.

chrisdglong
Do you have one y cable going to your graphics card? I ran it like this with my 1080Ti and it was fine... When I tried it with my 2080Ti, I got massive stuttering and frame drops right away. You should ALWAYS run two separate PCIe power cables to your GPU, if you are not already.

I am using two seperate Cablemod 8 pin cables straight from the PSU into the GPU.
2019/09/15 09:18:22
Sajin
Might want to try a older build of windows to see if that might help fix the problem.
2019/09/15 13:21:06
chrisdglong
I would set everything to stock (not overclocked) and see if the problem goes away. Matter fact, that is the first thing that I always look at if I am having performance issues.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account