2019/09/13 05:07:45
rjohnson11
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/how_to_skip_borderlands_3_s_intro_videos_and_spashs_screens_-_reduce_initial_load_times/1

I don't know about you, but when I start a game, I want to start a game. I don't care about those developer/publisher splash screens, or which hardware manufacturer helped to work on the game. No, I want to play the game, and those screens get in the way of that. 

In Borderlands 3, it is easy to skip the 2K, Gearbox and AMD splash screens that are featured in every game bootup. All you need to do is this. Navigate into the Borderlands 3's game files and either delete or rename the videos in question. Simple. That's what this short article is all about. 

Finding Borderlands 3's Folder

By Default, the Epic Games Store will download Borderlands 3 to the following directory. This directory will change depending on which storefront you purchase Borderlands 3 from, and depending on whether or not you have chosen to install the game elsewhere on your system. 

C:\ProgramFiles\EpicGames\Borderlands3

Where are the Intro Video Files

Borderlands 3's Splash Screen videos are available within the following folder. Enter into this folder and either delete or rename the following videos; 2KLOGO.mp4, AMDLOGO.mp4 and GBXLOGO.mp4.

Doing this will prevent these logos from appearing every time you boot Borderlands 3. Please note that game updates may restore these files, requiring players to delete or edit them again. 

[Path To Game]\Borderlands3\OakGame\Content\Movies

Save File Locations

Below is the location of Borderlands 3's save files. Use this to make copies of your save files if needed, or to delete them if you find it necessary. 

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 3\Saved\SaveGames\

I thought this was some good info to share

2019/09/13 06:23:19
aka_STEVE_b
GEARS 5 has this same thing . completely Unskippable intro splash screens 

I understand maybe making it unskippable at the very first startup , but after the 10th, 20th, etc... times..can I for the love of god skip these ???
2019/09/17 10:59:08
Gold Leader
damn I remember in the old days you could spam the esc or enter key to skip them, it's a shame companies are forcing their logo's down people's throats even if those people pays tons of money for these games already, as if that is not even enough.

it's a shame such things always have to be complicated for the ones that actually put lots of money in to buying these games or doing pre-orders you name it.
Nice post though, I'm sure it will make lots of BL3 players happier

I am a great Borderlands fan myself. just not a fan of Epic Games Store that is pure spyware at the highest degree rofl I wait for the Steam release, also a major insult to all their customers that bought the game via Steam all them years , no one likes Epic games store and they need to get their act together and just move it to Steam, the less they sell the sooner it will pop up on Steam, at Steam is where the real purchases will take place.

Maybe an idea to make a thread with more of such guides of games that suffer from the same problem?
2019/09/17 11:49:04
Cool GTX
Nice option - as watching intro once is hard enough
2019/09/20 06:02:13
FrankJovine
I knew getting it on my PS4 pro was the right call, thanks epic for doing the 6 months of beta testing for the steam version.

Only two bugs I've seen so far, one is the wrong weapon picture in the inventory and vending machines and the second is when the sound glitched when I got to the jungle which got fixed when I restarted the game.

Still overall, this is the best Borderlands game I've played but more importantly every weapon I've tried regardless of the manufacturer has been effective unlike in BL2 where Dahl and Hyperion sniper rifles were useless for example.
I knew getting it on my PS4 pro was the right call, thanks epic for doing the 6 months of beta testing for the steam version.Only two bugs I've seen so far, one is the wrong weapon picture in the inventory and vending machines and the second is when the sound glitched when I got to the jungle which got fixed when I restarted the game.Still overall, this is the best Borderlands game I've played but more importantly every weapon I've tried regardless of the manufacturer has been effective unlike in BL2 where Dahl and Hyperion sniper rifles were useless for example.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account