2019/09/05 11:08:02
Obtuse
davevt31
How do you know it was defective?  It could have been a perfectly working card that someone used in the Step-Up program to get a better card.

Dude I understand that.  I asked the CSR and he couldn't tell me whether it's one of those cards or if it was a defective card that they rebuilt and tested.  If something happens, ASUS won't replace my board or anything else that may or may not get damaged.  I'm not insane, I can't be the only person to ever come here with one of these questions/issues.  Again, the box thing....it's not my precious.  I just made the mistake of sending it in and I just thought they'd be cool and send it back.
2019/09/05 11:14:02
davevt31
It's OK to ask questions, just understand you aren't going to get a brand new card as a RMA replacement, NO company sends out brand new inventory as a replacement.  The only time you will see a brand new item is if it is returned in the first 30 days after purchase.
2019/09/05 12:33:44
Obtuse
davevt31
It's OK to ask questions, just understand you aren't going to get a brand new card as a RMA replacement, NO company sends out brand new inventory as a replacement.  The only time you will see a brand new item is if it is returned in the first 30 days after purchase.

I understand that.

Thank you.
2019/09/05 12:40:10
aka_STEVE_b
2019/09/05 12:56:30
Sajin
davevt31

Not true...

2019/09/05 13:23:45
jonkrmr
I can understand where the guy is coming from. A hard pill to swallow when you pay $1000 + for a new video card to get a used card in return for RMA weather it is a refurb or step-up card but that is the way it works with manufactures. You just have to accept it going in.

Just don't think he was the most adult about how he expressed his displeasure about it.

If manufactures gave out brand new in box cards for every warranty RMA they had to do, they would end up with a pile of of returned cards in the corner of their warehouses they could do nothing with and end up going bankrupt from it.

Oh well, you just can't please some people I guess :)
2019/09/05 17:51:49
Hoggle
I do understand the idea that new is best but keep in mind that RMA wouldn't exist if new cards worked flawlessly. You could get unlucky with a brand new card right out of the box as that happens but at least the RMA card had to pass testing.
2019/09/11 09:50:15
trabs97
EVGA if you guys provide very good graphics cards you wouldn't really have to bee doing up so many RMA requests for people to get replacement products. I understand if you guys start sending brand new gpu's for every rma that goes through you wouldn't make profit or money and i totally agree but if you really want to make money so you don't lose customers or get bad names from people about your company who had bad experiences with graphics cards they received from a rma shipment replacement card, start making proper gpu units that doesn't die or give problems in a matter of a few months. Because i'm a guy who did up an RMA and yes i'm getting my replacement card and i'm hoping & expecting i don't get a repeat of the same problem like what i had with the first one with this replacement card and I hope it operates like it was a new one properly. It's not our fault when we use the graphics card the way it suppose to be used,lets say like default settings,and then it goes bad on us in a few months without over clocking it or pushing it over its limit, that's on y'all part because it indicates that y'all provided us with a gpu unit that was already faulty. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account