2019/09/05 08:24:56
the_Scarlet_one
Refurbished GPU’s are not always cards that failed. Refurbished GPU’s can also be cards that people used for step up, and when that is accomplished, the card was typically in full working order when it was sent back to EVGA.

I would suggest contacting EVGA directly at support@evga.com, or through your original ticket, and speak with them. As users of the forum, all we can do is answer your question.

As for the resale comment, 99% of users asking about the original box are wanting to keep it for resale purposes. If you aren’t in the 1%, then it doesn’t apply to you and was just a general comment.
2019/09/05 08:31:14
Obtuse
the_Scarlet_one
Refurbished GPU’s are not always cards that failed. Refurbished GPU’s can also be cards that people used for step up, and when that is accomplished, the card was typically in full working order when it was sent back to EVGA.

I would suggest contacting EVGA directly at support@evga.com, or through your original ticket, and speak with them. As users of the forum, all we can do is answer your question.

As for the resale comment, 99% of users asking about the original box are wanting to keep it for resale purposes. If you aren’t in the 1%, then it doesn’t apply to you and was just a general comment.

Yea I know.  Ty for being nice, I know i'm a pain in the ass.  I'm waiting for the customer service department to open.  I don't think there's going to be a way for them to tell me one way or the other whether or not a refurbished gpu was faulty or just from the step up program.  Thanks for your help.
2019/09/05 09:24:34
Obtuse
Don't get my box back with the refurbished card I won't be using.  Thanks EVGA, I really appreciate you ripping me off.  Sending me an $800 paperweight.
2019/09/05 09:44:48
Sajin
Obtuse
I don't think there's going to be a way for them to tell me one way or the other whether or not a refurbished gpu was faulty or just from the step up program.

They may be able to tell you this, but you'll need to ask.
2019/09/05 09:47:39
Obtuse
Sajin
Obtuse
I don't think there's going to be a way for them to tell me one way or the other whether or not a refurbished gpu was faulty or just from the step up program.

They may be able to tell you this, but you'll need to ask.

Yea I did ask and they can't.  So again, a GPU I won't be using.  Won't be able to use this pc for other than stuff like this either.  Does this INSERT AMOUNT HERE dollar company even care? NOPE

Thanks again.  I'll be going with ASUS in the future.  At least I'll go into that business arrangement knowing they'll probably rip me off instead of reading a bunch of praise and finding out the hard way.
2019/09/05 10:09:07
the_Scarlet_one
EVGA definitely isn’t a billion dollar company. They are one of the smallest of the manufacturers of I am not mistaken.
2019/09/05 10:19:20
Hoggle
Keep in mind you still have the remaining warranty. As for second hand cards I personally am using a B-Stock 2070 XC Ultra. I personally am happy with the card and looking at it I can’t tell someone else used it.

Keep in mind that sometimes it can be something like a failed fan that just replacing the shroud on the card can make perfect or replacing the thermal pad. Often times it’s not just a problem with the chips on the card but something that can be replaced.
2019/09/05 10:49:04
davevt31
So your not going to use a perfectly good video card because you can't display a box?

Other companies do the exact same thing for RMA's, they ship out refurbished replacements.

2019/09/05 10:55:37
Obtuse
davevt31
So your not going to use a perfectly good video card because you can't display a box?

No.  I'm not going to use a formerly defective card in a brand new computer without knowing whether or not it actually was defective or if it was just returned as part of the step up program and is actually perfectly fine.  Displaying the box just would've been nice as it's what I was doing beforehand.  I had no idea they wouldn't be sending the replacement card in a similar box.  Regardless, I don't see how it's a big deal to just send the thing back.  I get it though.  You see something is important to someone but it's not important to you so you criticize.  I don't actually care what you think, I clearly have to clarify though just in case more people like you who don't actually care but just want to see themselves belittle someone don't waste their time replying.

2019/09/05 11:00:56
davevt31
How do you know it was defective?  It could have been a perfectly working card that someone used in the Step-Up program to get a better card.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account