2019/09/05 05:40:08
Obtuse
What do they send you?  Is it just the GPU or do they send the whole brand new box like you bought it from the store?  I'm asking because I want that box.  I put my RMA in it and sent it in without any of the peripheral stuff that came with it but the email didn't say NOT to send the box.  Basically I have a display and it's part of it like many people.  If they don't send the box I'm going to have to cancel the whole RMA process JUST to get the box back.
2019/09/05 05:49:29
the_Scarlet_one
Depends on how long you owned the original product. Prior to 30 days ownership, you will get a new box. After 30 days of ownership, you will get a brown box with no accessories.
2019/09/05 05:50:40
Obtuse
That's ridiculous.  So now I have to cancel a whole RMA just to get a box back and pay to resend it.  Thanks for you reply.
2019/09/05 06:09:25
Obtuse
Title.

The sticky'd topic above didn't answer my question.  Will I get a refurbished card in a brown box or a new one in a new box?  Basically I'm not putting a refurbished GPU in my brand new PC, it's not happening.  So either I got to use this card for a little over a year and now I'm out $1000 or this RMA process is as good as I heard it is.
2019/09/05 06:50:56
Bobmitch
Normally, if the RMA is within 30 days of your purchase, you will receive new in return.  If outside the 30 day purchase window...depends on stock.  If they have refurbs in stock...you will receive refurb.
2019/09/05 06:53:40
Obtuse
Yea no that's not going to work for me.
2019/09/05 07:00:18
the_Scarlet_one
No. You do not need the box, as the serial number on the old box will not match the replacement card. The only reason for the original box is preference, but it is not required for reselling.

I am going to combine your two threads to make them one.

https://www.evga.com/warranty/ <-best place for full warranty information.
2019/09/05 07:14:44
Obtuse
the_Scarlet_one
No. You do not need the box, as the serial number on the old box will not match the replacement card. The only reason for the original box is preference, but it is not required for reselling.

I am going to combine your two threads to make them one.

<-best place for full warranty information.

I just want the box and the nicer inner black box the card was sitting in so I can display it.  I don't know why you're bring up selling or the serial number....Then I asked about if it's a new or refurbished card they send you and he answered it depends.  Basically the box question is irrelevant if it's a refurbished GPU because I won't be accepting it as a replacement.

Yes combine my threads, make them more POWERFULLLLLL!!!!
2019/09/05 07:40:54
Hoggle
I would say the best advice since you want to keep the original box is to fallow the instructions for shipping back to EVGA. The original packaging is ideal for keeping a graphics card safe in shipping so use that as an example of how to pad the card for shipping. You don't want the card to move around and damage itself before it gets to EVGA as that can void a warranty. https://images.evga.com/warranty/shipping/GPU_US_Shipping_Guidelines.pdf 
2019/09/05 07:50:51
Obtuse
Hoggle
I would say the best advice since you want to keep the original box is to fallow the instructions for shipping back to EVGA. The original packaging is ideal for keeping a graphics card safe in shipping so use that as an example of how to pad the card for shipping. You don't want the card to move around and damage itself before it gets to EVGA as that can void a warranty.  

I already shipped it out in the original box which I then put in a bigger box with 2 inches of padding all around.  I just want the original box back with a new card or a new card with a new box.  I don't think I'll get either and, like I said, I'm not putting a refurbished GPU in my PC.  I don't understand that logic to begin with.  "Hey you want this GPU that failed in someone else's computer?"  That's a hard no from me.  I followed the shipping guidelines.  It doesn't say anywhere to keep the original packaging because we don't want it. It just says keep all the posters, dvi adapters, driver cds, etc.  So I kept that stuff.  I didn't even think it would be an issue until I read somewhere on these forums that they may just send you a cardboard box with GPU in it. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account