2019/08/29 22:27:43
rjohnson11
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/crytek_teases_potential_crysis_remaster/1

Crytek has officially released CryEngine version 5.6, which brings with it over 1,000 changes, many of which are used in Crytek's latest game Hunt: Showdown, which recently released outside of Steam Early Access. 

Within Crytek's Cryenigie 5.6 "Tech Trailer", the company has started to tease what appears to be a new project, one which is sure to ignite a fire within PC gaming circles. Yes, we are talking about a potential Crysis remaster. 

Even today, you will still hear some PC gamers ask "Can it run Crysis?", and now it appears that this question will soon return to the forefront. Just imagine Crysis, complete with modern rendering techniques and some much-needed multi-threading support. Starting at 2:17 in the trailer below, a portal opens to a scene with Crysis-like forest, a familiar-looking beat and the sounds of Crysis' main theme. 

While this is far from an official reveal for Crysis remastered, this trailer is a clear sign that Crytek is considering the project. Remasters are all the rage these days, and as far as PC gaming is concerned, Crysis is one of the biggest names there is. 

A Crysis remaster is something I would definitely purchase
2019/08/30 04:00:36
Bobmitch
+1 Count me in!
2019/08/30 04:42:22
Cool GTX
but how will I test my hardware if they make a version that is Not a resource hog ?

would be a Nice improvement - new engine

what is with that soundtrack  ?   Glad I could jump to the 2:17 time mark
2019/08/30 11:19:15
Sajin
bobmitch
+1 Count me in!

+2
2019/09/01 20:15:53
knightsilver
What the Horsecrap!!!!!! Crytek let EA take the IP from them, now id be surprised if Crytec could build a digital tic-tac-toe game right....
2019/09/03 11:30:18
bdary
Sajin
bobmitch
+1 Count me in!

+2

A +3 here...
2019/09/03 11:50:46
aka_STEVE_b
just throw some Ray Tracing on it and no system will be able to run it efficiently - , just like before.  
2019/09/03 12:56:43
rjohnson11
knightsilver
What the Horsecrap!!!!!! Crytek let EA take the IP from them, now id be surprised if Crytec could build a digital tic-tac-toe game right....

Not really. After the massive theft of the original Crysis game Crytek turned to EA to try a trim losses and enhance security. 
2019/09/05 20:46:45
knightsilver
Maybe so RJ, but Crytek could of kept the rights, and kept  EA out of it, only offing from a publishers rights nothing more. But look what happen...
2019/09/06 03:44:09
Hoggle
aka_STEVE_b
just throw some Ray Tracing on it and no system will be able to run it efficiently - , just like before.  

Why not? Crysis was about pushing the technology limits. Sure it might have you playing on medium or low settings right now but five years in the future when you can play it on high settings it would still look amazing compared to a modern game.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account