2019/05/24 10:29:44
Delirious

I highly recommend that you Do Not Do This

that's crazy
2019/05/24 16:16:16
Leonardohlb
GTXJackBauer
Leonardohlb
Also allows bios exchange? From what I'm seeing are there bios that provide superior feed, or does EVGA already have those bios with consumption limits above the factory model? Is the board model 11G-P4-2281-KR this come with a standard 310w or 280w bios?

That GPU which I also own is limited to 112% Power Target.  Check the other SKU's as they have higher Power Targets.  If you wanted a higher TP and for benching, that would cost you $400+.

You could use a 3rd party BIOS to increase it but you'll void your warranty so I think it's not worth it and you're not guaranteed it would improve anythging. 
I have no intention of switching to another model until this model is coming from RMA of a 1080TI, I just want to know about the limitations of bios, I find it easier to use a better cooler and keep low temperatures and high clock than to change the bios , at least it is more guaranteed.
2019/05/24 16:49:35
bcavnaugh
Delirious

that's crazy

Indeed
2019/05/25 10:49:22
Leonardohlb
bcavnaugh
Delirious

that's crazy

Indeed

This is not crazy, this is amazing! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6hvsqUEtZ4
2019/05/25 11:28:44
Cool GTX
Have fun with your experiment ....

RE Warranty & Flashing Single BIOS Cards --->if BIOS is Not stock the RMA would be declined

Leonardohlb
Cool GTX
OK, just check the TIM & change it if you think its an issue on your card

Just be careful Not to cause any damage to the card

Do not worry, before you were born I was already doing mods on Soyo LGA478, after play the best NFSU on an MX200.

remember when the Best way to send your code to the mainframe was with a rotary Dial phone & you placed in the handset in the receiver --> I do

Attached Image(s)

2019/05/25 12:44:25
bcavnaugh
Nah a STU-III worked best back in the day.
2019/05/25 13:42:41
GTXJackBauer
Cool GTX

remember when the Best way to send your code to the mainframe was with a rotary Dial phone & you placed in the handset in the receiver --> I do

2019/05/25 19:25:08
Leonardohlb
Cool GTX
Have fun with your experiment ....

RE Warranty & Flashing Single BIOS Cards --->if BIOS is Not stock the RMA would be declined

As I said above, I do not think it is worth modifying the bios, just wanted information on the bios that comes on this board from EVGA, but using a better cooler to keep temperatures lower and clocks higher is a better option.
2019/05/25 19:30:59
Leonardohlb
Cool GTX

Sorry but I've never been a fan of old phones, I currently prefer to make babies.
2019/06/16 21:30:41
Leonardohlb
Can anyone know if it is possible to install arctic accelero III or IV on the 2080ti black?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account