2019/05/14 22:33:19
cal.hsieh
I've got the EVGA 2080 Ti XC Black running Windows 10, Chrome 74.0.3729.131, Nvidia 430.64. I'm having issues running Google Chrome with hardware acceleration turned on (it just shows up as an entirely black window.) With hardware acceleration off, works perfectly fine (obviously except for the things that use hardware acceleration like Google Maps)

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
2019/05/15 01:22:58
Sajin
Not seeing the issue here.
2019/05/15 16:00:30
GTXJackBauer
Make sure your Google browser doesn't need a update.  If it doesn't, I would see if going back a driver fixes the issue.  Use DDU to make sure all the elements of the current driver are removed.
2019/05/15 16:35:14
dc8flyer
cal.hsieh
I've got the EVGA 2080 Ti XC Black running Windows 10, Chrome 74.0.3729.131, Nvidia 430.64. I'm having issues running Google Chrome with hardware acceleration turned on (it just shows up as an entirely black window.) With hardware acceleration off, works perfectly fine (obviously except for the things that use hardware acceleration like Google Maps)

I had issues with Chrome not streaming (all I use it for) starting about two three ago. I finally started playing with it last week and what got Chrome working again was clearing out all the history, cache, etc.. Did not have to clear out passwords but everything else.

Works fine now. 
2019/10/11 20:19:09
nezff
cal.hsieh

https://forums.evga.com/m..aspx?m=2998645&fp=1
2019/12/31 13:24:48
JamesButlin
Did OP ever find the cause of this problem? It's fine to say that disabling GPU acceleration solved the problem of Chrome having a black screen, but it also disables GPU acceleration.. Which isn't great if you want to do anything intensive in the browser.. I picked up a EVGA Hybrid (liquid cooled) FTW3 2080ti and have the exact same issue.

All drivers up to date and didn't have this problem with my previous founder's edition 2080ti. I did a DDU clean and reinstalled when I updated and tried a re-install since and no fix..
2019/12/31 14:11:10
HeavyHemi
JamesButlin
Did OP ever find the cause of this problem? It's fine to say that disabling GPU acceleration solved the problem of Chrome having a black screen, but it also disables GPU acceleration.. Which isn't great if you want to do anything intensive in the browser.. I picked up a EVGA Hybrid (liquid cooled) FTW3 2080ti and have the exact same issue.

All drivers up to date and didn't have this problem with my previous founder's edition 2080ti. I did a DDU clean and reinstalled when I updated and tried a re-install since and no fix..

In Chrome, back up your bookmarks. If you sync Chrome with your Google profile, you can omit this step. Uninstall Chrome and choose to delete your browsing data (check box).

In File Explorer, delete all of the Google Chrome remnants. If you're using other Google programs, only delete the Chrome folders. If you're only using Chrome, you can delete the whole Google folders.

Manually delete the Google folder in:

%appdata%\local\
Program Data -hidden
Program Files
Program Files (x86)

Just uninstalling Chrome won't remove configuration files. Even the Reset Chrome tool within Chrome does little for major issues like this.

When all Chrome remnants are gone, reinstall Chrome and restore your bookmarks or log in to sync.

Did you do  that?
2019/12/31 14:34:52
nezff
uninstalling chrome, and removing all traces like last poster, worked for me.  I thought this was a problem with my video card. it was not.
2019/12/31 14:39:00
JamesButlin
HeavyHemi

When all Chrome remnants are gone, reinstall Chrome and restore your bookmarks or log in to sync.

Did you do  that?

Just done that, did the trick! Thanks dude! 

nezff
uninstalling chrome, and removing all traces like last poster, worked for me.  I thought this was a problem with my video card. it was not.

Yeah I figured there might have been issues with my card too since I'd just upgraded it, but this fixed it. 👌
2019/12/31 14:39:51
nezff
JamesButlin
HeavyHemi

Did you do  that?

Just done that, did the trick! Thanks dude! 

nezff

Yeah I figured there might have been issues with my card too since I'd just upgraded it, but this fixed it. 👌

Yes sir!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account