2019/05/11 18:48:02
flyinion
I can't seem to find anything on what the difference is between these?  Is the Ultra just factory boosted higher and the FTW3 is boosted to the Black edition levels and may/may not overclock/etc. well depending on lottery?  Or is there more to it?  Basically I'm debating 2080Ti XC2 Ultra or the non-Ultra FTW3 because they're the same price.  The XC2 Ultra is a much higher boost out of the box though.  The FTW3 Ultra is definitely out of the price range.  I was debating saving $150 and just getting a base XC but I'd really like to have the temp monitoring of the ICX2 sensors so yeah.  
2019/05/11 19:01:26
bcavnaugh
2080Ti FTW3 vs the FTW3 Ultra or 2080 Ti FTW3 vs the FTW3 Ti Ultra
One is a Ti Card the other is Not.

Ti
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 GAMING, 11G-P4-2483-KR, 11GB GDDR6, iCX2 Technology, RGB LED, Metal Backplate
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 11G-P4-2487-KR, 11GB GDDR6, iCX2 Technology, RGB LED, Metal Backplate

Non-Ti
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 FTW3 GAMING, 08G-P4-2283-KR, 8GB GDDR6, iCX2 Technology, RGB LED, Metal Backplate
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 08G-P4-2287-KR, 8GB GDDR6, iCX2 Technology, RGB LED, Metal Backplate

Boost Clock as you posted above
Some have different Texture Fill Rates
Power Consumption from 175 - 250
PSU from 550 Watt - 650 Watt (But we all know at least an 850 Gold)

Not including the Hybrid or Hydro Copper Models.
2019/05/11 19:03:19
AHowes
Yes this question seems to come up often enough.

Be nice for evga to answer this one.

Obviously the cooler on the ftw3 is better and the 3 fans will be quieter then the dual fan cooler.

The sensors is a bonus on the ftw3 card.

I'm sure theirs a big power limit difference between the 2 right?

https://www.evga.com/products/Compare.aspx

Why dont they advertise the power limit of the models cause we know that's the main difference in the price range.. so it would spell it out to people easier to advertise it.
2019/05/11 19:10:16
RobertC
Hello there,
For the differences other than the Clocks on the FTW3, the FTW3 Ultra, and the XC2 Ultra.
For starters, our FTW series cards have a custom built PCBs, with a cleaner and better power delivery that can help with performance and overclock capability.
The other thing in comparison would be the fans. All, of the 3 cards have a 3 slot design.
The two FTW3 cards have 3 Asynchronous fans and the XC Ultra has only two. 
The other big difference would be the ICX 2 Sensors, The FTW3 Ultra and the XC2 Ultra have the ICX2 sensors that help you monitor different parts of the card in Precision X 1. 
All three cards have 2 8-Pin power connectors. 
In regards to looks, the two FTW3s look near identical. And the XC being a smaller card and only two fans. 
They all Have RGB and the same Display ports.
The clocks if you or anyone was wondering are as follows. 
FTW3 Ultra (11G-P4-2487-KR) 1755 MHz Boost Clock
https://www.evga.com/products/Specs/GPU.aspx?pn=f5fc9cf7-6b66-45ae-aaaa-3848a66a8d5f
FTW3 Ultra (11G-P4-2483-KR) 1545 MHz Boost Clock
https://www.evga.com/products/Specs/GPU.aspx?pn=7c275a53-bd1d-476b-b0ae-a6a04ed573c6
XC2 Ultra (1G-P4-2387-KR) 1650 MHz Boost Clock
https://www.evga.com/products/Specs/GPU.aspx?pn=59cb910c-f083-4da7-977c-87ee44dff707

Overall all 3 of the cards are a good choice for the 2080 Ti, 
Hoped this helped you make a choice. 
Regards,
Robert - EVGA
2019/05/11 19:43:24
Cool GTX
I'm guessing you want to compare the 2080 Ti Versions: FTW3 & FTW3 Ultra ?

If you use the Compare feature - On the EVGA.com website ---> you would see this

Spec Sheet:  EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 11G-P4-2487-KR

Spec Sheet:  EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 GAMING, 11G-P4-2483-KR

Attached Image(s)

2019/05/11 20:35:34
flyinion
Thanks guys. Yes I was talking about the Ti card for all flavors. Yes I did use the compare but wasn't sure if the info was accurate since I'm confused that a FTW card had the same clock as the basic black edition. So I guess what I'm trying to figure out is why would I want the FTW3 non ultra over the XC2 ultra since they're the same price but the FTW is actually much slower. This is making it really hard to pick a card. Brain says FTW but not if it's slower. In the past you just knew that FTW was faster than SC etc and now it's clear as mud.
2019/05/11 21:07:30
jankerson
flyinion
Thanks guys. Yes I was talking about the Ti card for all flavors. Yes I did use the compare but wasn't sure if the info was accurate since I'm confused that a FTW card had the same clock as the basic black edition. So I guess what I'm trying to figure out is why would I want the FTW3 non ultra over the XC2 ultra since they're the same price but the FTW is actually much slower. This is making it really hard to pick a card. Brain says FTW but not if it's slower. In the past you just knew that FTW was faster than SC etc and now it's clear as mud.

The FTW3 Ultra is the one to get, it's a monster.

Mine boosts over 2K out of the box, like 2025 Mhz.

That's before any overclocking.
2019/05/11 21:13:47
flyinion
jankerson
flyinion

Yeah unfortunately it's a bit outside the price range.  Sounds like I'm probably going to end up with the XC2 Ultra instead.  Also I realized the FTW's will fit in my case but will interfere with where I want to put my pump/res combo I'll be installing later (well, the stock H500M mounting location for it).  
2019/05/11 21:37:25
jankerson
flyinion
jankerson
flyinion

Yeah unfortunately it's a bit outside the price range.  Sounds like I'm probably going to end up with the XC2 Ultra instead.  Also I realized the FTW's will fit in my case but will interfere with where I want to put my pump/res combo I'll be installing later (well, the stock H500M mounting location for it).  

Pump for what?
2019/05/11 21:42:27
flyinion
jankerson

Pump for what?

Eventually whichever card I buy is going into a new PC build in a few months and I'll be doing watercooling.  sorry for the confusion.  

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account