2020/02/20 00:04:09
Sajin
LasseK1981
Hi Sajin.
Thanks Ill try anything haha.. This ASUS Bios.. anything speciel about it I need to know? Or is it "just" a 1000w bios? Does it has higher voltage? or other features.. ? Ill try to flash asap.. 

And thanks for hardmod video ill look into it after breakfast lol ! ;) 

Nothing special. Just wondering if it would allow 1.2v via curve edit.
2020/02/20 00:38:58
LasseK1981
Oh I see a Afterburner Extreme! Thats really nice thanks! However in the info file it looks like its for very old cards? Ill give it a go anyway and report back.. 
2020/02/20 00:42:21
spit051261
That would be great.
That's the first one I came across .
There may be newer ones around if you want to do a bit of surfing.
2020/02/20 00:51:45
LasseK1981
Yes I actually stubbled across that one you linked yesterday but never tried due to it looked outdated. But now I have tried and its not compatible with the 2080 class/series.. But definatly worth a try! I just made some adjustments to my cooling lowering it more than 10g celcius due to incorrect fan flow etc.. so im definatly up for the 1.2v challenge haha! ;)  if its ever gonna be possible.. its cooler than ever only in the 40s under full load OC . .never been that cool so its great... there are some sound/air flow restrictions in the case im gonna dremel out now as we speak..  :-p
2020/02/20 19:58:51
TiN_EE
Extra hardware present on KPE card will not magically grow itself out on PCB, when you flash BIOS. 
But card can get borked quite easily, there are some threads around of people with dead reference/other vendor cards from KPE BIOS :)
2020/02/20 20:03:18
spit051261
It's his card , so it's up to him .
The XOC bios worked fine on my FTW3
2020/02/20 20:31:56
Sajin
TiN_EE
Extra hardware present on KPE card will not magically grow itself out on PCB, when you flash BIOS. 

True.
2020/02/21 10:07:34
LasseK1981
Hello and thanks for reply. No you are right about the reason why I cant control voltage is I dont have these magical digital voltage controllers the KPE has. BUT that said I really dont see how it is possible to brick the card with KPE bios as voltage is blocked. It is no different that other bios for me .. I am not afraid of using it at least. IF voltage was unlocked I could see how ppl could burn their cards or blow them or what u call it.. BUT I cant see how its possible at this point.. I have flashed a few times a bios that result in black screen and non working card (ex. Asus 1000w STRIX). It can be fixed though with two gfx in the pc and a reflash with a working bios. 

I am however a little sad it has not been able to unlock 1.2v as with my 1080 GTX.  ;)  Its a quest I will continue to pursue if it will ever be possible haha! :D 
2020/02/21 22:29:54
TiN_EE
Some user had and issue on non-KPE card, after he flashed KPE BIOS, it worked, but once he wanted to revert it back - it got locked out during flashing and BIOS got corrupt. He could not reflash card to anything else, no matter what he tried. He ended up shipping card to me, I replaced BIOS chip and reprogrammed it via hardware, then card restored to functional state. KPE BIOSes have some stuff that configures hardware onboard. If it's flashed to wrong card, it could cause conflict and configure hardware into wrong settings, without option to revert back to default/factory state. So in general I will always recommend to use compatible BIOSes, and not willy nilly flashing whatever binary you may find in the internet. YMMV. 

And no matter what BIOS you use , you CANNOT unlock any voltage, there are dozen of limitations from NV drivers and settings to prevent exactly that. Whatever additional voltages possible otherwise - it is means by either hardware stuff (voltmods, special trickery, unofficial rogue hacks) or simply incorrect reporting/monitoring. And going past 1.2V on anything but subzero cooling would often cause you LOWER performance (not clock MHz, these can go higher, but what's the point if your performance does not improve?), because you hit those power limits/thermal limits earlier.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account