• Update CPU Microcode and add OC support for future CPU
  • Update Intel RST to 17.2.6.1027 for Intel Security Issue

Windows Installation
  • Download the correct .zip file below for your motherboard:        
         131-CS-E399-KR - EVGA Z390 Dark - v1.06
         123-CS-E397-KR - EVGA Z390 FTW - v1.07
  • First go into your BIOS and load defaults, save and exit
  • Close all open programs.
  • Go into the folder where you unzipped this package and double-click update.bat
  • Press Y to start the flash process
  • DO NOT TURN OFF POWER OR RESET DURING THE FLASH PROCESS
  • After the flashing is finished, the system will automatically shut down. Then power on again and go into BIOS to setup.
  • NOTE: If flash box immediately closes after flash attempt, the flash may need to be ran from a CMD prompt with administrator privileges or DOS version.

BIOS Installation
  • Extract the contents of .zip file to USB flash drive (must be formatted as FAT32)
  • Reboot the machine and go into the system BIOS
  • From the BIOS, navigate to the Save & Exit tab and open "Select BIOS File."
  • Select the .bin file you wish to flash.

Please let me know if anyone runs into problems with this update.  Thanks!
2019/04/13 05:10:07
d.burnette
Successfully updated to 1.06 for my Dark this morning.
I tried to use the USB method this time, guess I am somewhat thick but I never could figure it out. Tried navigating to the bios bin file but never could figure out how to get it to actually flash. Ended up using the Windows method again.

Got my overclock settings loaded back in and all appears fine, will advise if run across any issues.
2019/04/15 16:31:43
wwxww
Sweet...I was asking for this bios release date three weeks ago. Thanks.
2019/04/16 18:20:32
EVGA_Lee
d.burnette
I tried to use the USB method this time, guess I am somewhat thick but I never could figure it out. Tried navigating to the bios bin file but never could figure out how to get it to actually flash. Ended up using the Windows method again.

Got my overclock settings loaded back in and all appears fine, will advise if run across any issues.

Make sure you've already unzipped the BIOS update that you downloaded before going into the BIOS.  After selecting the .bin file, hit enter and it should start.
2019/04/17 02:54:02
d.burnette
EVGATech_LeeM
d.burnette

Make sure you've already unzipped the BIOS update that you downloaded before going into the BIOS.  After selecting the .bin file, hit enter and it should start.

IIRC whenever I would hit enter after selecting the bin file, it would drop me to another selection showing just three dots.
As I mentioned though have already updated with the Windows method, will try it again on next bios update.

Thanks,
2019/04/17 06:47:16
d.burnette

I will also mention I had one thing happen since updating to this bios version that has never happened before on my Z390 Dark.
When I booted up yesterday morning, the PC booted fine and appeared it was at desktop, temp was was displayed in the LED on the motherboard, and I even heard the Windows sound. However I had no display in either of my two monitors - very strange. Seems like I heard around 5 short quick beeps when it was booting.
I powered off the PC and powered back on, then all was well.

Only time that has happened to me since doing this new build on Jan 15th.
2019/04/18 14:03:31
EVGA_Lee
d.burnette

I will also mention I had one thing happen since updating to this bios version that has never happened before on my Z390 Dark.
When I booted up yesterday morning, the PC booted fine and appeared it was at desktop, temp was was displayed in the LED on the motherboard, and I even heard the Windows sound. However I had no display in either of my two monitors - very strange. Seems like I heard around 5 short quick beeps when it was booting.

That makes me think that it didn't detect your graphics card on the first boot.  Maybe it defaulted itself to the onboard graphics for that boot, but after rebooting, it properly detected the graphics card and give you picture.
2019/04/19 03:02:57
d.burnette
EVGATech_LeeM
d.burnette

That makes me think that it didn't detect your graphics card on the first boot.  Maybe it defaulted itself to the onboard graphics for that boot, but after rebooting, it properly detected the graphics card and give you picture.

Certainly possible that would make sense - I did have the onboard disabled in the bios. 
So far it has not happened any more, just that one time.
2019/04/28 12:21:27
codo180
Is it possible to install the BIOS update without display and CPU? My 9700k should be arriving tomorrow I think and I'd like to update the BIOS on my FTW tonight if possible. 

okay I thought I had read as much in the manual and I found it again. I tried it, but the thing only goes around clockwise maybe 2-3 full turns and then goes back to C. I would think it would take longer than that. CPU should be here tomorrow so I guess I'll see
2019/04/29 10:15:11
EVGA_Lee
codo180
Is it possible to install the BIOS update without display and CPU? My 9700k should be arriving tomorrow I think and I'd like to update the BIOS on my FTW tonight if possible. 

okay I thought I had read as much in the manual and I found it again. I tried it, but the thing only goes around clockwise maybe 2-3 full turns and then goes back to C. I would think it would take longer than that. CPU should be here tomorrow so I guess I'll see

It looks like you answered your own question, but yes, you can update the BIOS without display and CPU.  Let us know if you run into issues with the new CPU.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account