2019/04/11 10:21:32
richiec77
GuessWhoItIs
richiec77
GuessWhoItIs
Also new to this, not sure how to get the sweet candy to work/run.

Disable Auto to get the NVVDD control to work. Then adjust voltages and Apply. Worked with the OC and LN2 BIOS. Didn't test with normal.

Great, thanks for that! I believe I'm working off of the normal BIOS, is there a place to get the OC and LN2 BIOS? Maybe thats why I'm hitting limits. Can you explain the major differences between these BIOS settups, or have a link?

Thanks!

The KP has the bios already loaded. Use the switch to change between versions. Far right is normal. Middle is OC and left position is LN2. You’ll need to power down, move the position and restart.

As to what’s different between versions I do not know 100%. LN2 more would most likely disable temp controls and safety limits for XOC use.

Try using the OC 1st. Then adjust the NVVDD and Mem voltages just a tad. Like 1.10v and 1.43v core and mem.

You don’t want to push the voltages much with ambient temps. Vince said the core and Mem respond to a touch more voltage. That’s what you would apply for benches.

If this is for gaming...not worth really. Might negatively scale if it pushes temp points a touch too far.
2019/04/11 10:25:56
GuessWhoItIs
richiec77
GuessWhoItIs
richiec77
GuessWhoItIs

Disable Auto to get the NVVDD control to work. Then adjust voltages and Apply. Worked with the OC and LN2 BIOS. Didn't test with normal.

Great, thanks for that! I believe I'm working off of the normal BIOS, is there a place to get the OC and LN2 BIOS? Maybe thats why I'm hitting limits. Can you explain the major differences between these BIOS settups, or have a link?

Thanks!

The KP has the bios already loaded. Use the switch to change between versions. Far right is normal. Middle is OC and left position is LN2. You’ll need to power down, move the position and restart.

As to what’s different between versions I do not know 100%. LN2 more would most likely disable temp controls and safety limits for XOC use.

Try using the OC 1st. Then adjust the NVVDD and Mem voltages just a tad. Like 1.10v and 1.43v core and mem.

You don’t want to push the voltages much with ambient temps. Vince said the core and Mem respond to a touch more voltage. That’s what you would apply for benches.

If this is for gaming...not worth really. Might negatively scale if it pushes temp points a touch too far.

Thanks for the breakdown. I'll play with the settings and see what I can bench, curious as to what the limits are without overdoing it. Very informative.
2019/04/11 16:16:14
TwoEvilOne
richiec77
GuessWhoItIs
richiec77
GuessWhoItIs

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. very informative.
2019/04/11 17:10:09
degenerate
Big thanks for the updated Classified Tool, k|ngp|n & TiN. Can't wait to play with it a little later!
2019/04/12 03:01:17
TiN_EE
Guide is live.
2019/04/12 10:51:11
jab383
Great guide as always.  Thanks K|ngp|n and TiN.  The technical detail is exactly what I've come to expect in those guides.

Note to all:  There links to more candy in the guide.
2019/04/12 15:50:57
richiec77
Interesting. No Memory Heater on Board. I'm guessing the Sammy GDDR6 can go cold without issue if applying 1.45-1.50-1.55v depending on temps?
2019/04/13 04:13:08
Vlada011
Before one year I lived in dream if I add 100-150 euro on 750 I had maybe I will have enough for 2080Ti K|NGP|N or some model with waterblock. 
Reality was different... When I saw 1300$ price of RTX2080Ti. I hope EVGA will continue tradition with AIO Cooler for K|NGP|N... Air cooling was real suffering for such graphic card. Gaming without side panel on 80C and 80% fan speed. 

2019/04/13 20:26:31
Hopper64
TiN_EE
EVGA RTX 1080 Ti Kingpin Edition card Technical Guide

Grab some tools and enjoy the card.

Classified tool.

So from the tech guide it sounds like you can simply use the tool to apply voltage tweaks to the card. You can then rescan for a better OC. It says to uncheck “auto”, but is that with the tool or in MSI AB or PX1? I can’t get to my machine currently. Thanks.
2019/04/13 21:02:11
richiec77
Yup! Un-check Auto. Apply your settings and restart. Soft reboots hold the values. This's in reference to the Classified Tool which isn't a part of AB or PX1

This is for the voltage control. Not sure how it works with any of the auto scanning stuff. Never use it.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account