2019/03/19 02:28:26
alexharis37
The 2019 GC (with samsung memory) that is dead is not necessarily dead from the same cause as those of 2018.
2019/03/19 02:49:04
xblackvalorx
alexharis37
The 2019 GC (with samsung memory) that is dead is not necessarily dead from the same cause as those of 2018.

+1
My first card died of bad memory (artifacting) was micron
My second was Samsung and had an issue with power delivery. Wouldn't reach max power and started hard resetting under any load
2019/03/19 06:38:54
Sphericube
xblackvalorx
alexharis37

+1
My first card died of bad memory (artifacting) was micron
My second was Samsung and had an issue with power delivery. Wouldn't reach max power and started hard resetting under any load

You still don't understand that a degradation or contamination of some parts in the core can result in many different issues and behavior!
If the memory controller (inside the core) is damaged then the last state of the data cache would be corrupted, thus showing artifacts.
If the core is not completely damaged, it can still run but with freezes, crashes or on low power, or running too hot with fan over speed.
If the core is completely dead (like mine) it won't even be detected by Windows (blue screen).
Contamination problem is vicious and it's the worse case scenario because nobody can predict how the core will behave and how long it will survive depending on the contamination level.

I think Nvidia has underestimated how much TSMC has screwed up their order to build their huge Turing chips...

2019/08/20 12:06:55
popuptoaster
Mine has just died, bought it in December and started getting space invaders crashes yesterday, PC is on most evenings for general use and gaming so i thought mine was a good one. Now is at the point where the PC will only boot if the drivers for the card are not installed.

I have messaged the retailer about returning it.

Oh and before anyone mentions the power supply, i bought an EVGA supernova 850 P2 at the same time as i felt my old 600w one would struggle with everything else my PC has attached.
2019/08/20 12:22:29
chrisdglong
popuptoaster
Mine has just died, bought it in December and started getting space invaders crashes yesterday, PC is on most evenings for general use and gaming so i thought mine was a good one. Now is at the point where the PC will only boot if the drivers for the card are not installed.

I have messaged the retailer about returning it.

Oh and before anyone mentions the power supply, i bought an EVGA supernova 850 P2 at the same time as i felt my old 600w one would struggle with everything else my PC has attached.

It has nothing to do with the power supply, it is definitely your card. 
2019/08/20 12:29:47
popuptoaster
Yeah I know, it has space invader disease.

Attached Image(s)

2019/08/20 14:23:43
kevinc313
I'd be more worried if my computer was suddenly French.

J/K.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account