2019/03/02 14:43:44
Cordorb
You still have  the thermal mass of the system and the water and pumps to handle start up CPU heat.
so there is conduction  and radiation cooling then convection with the fans kicking in.

MY first engineering job was to run 1000 amp at 600 volt  into a set of hockey puck size SILICON CONTROLLED RECTIFIER and air cool the system.  Thermodynamics was not covered in my engineering classes :-(    so a few $500 parts did bite the dust.

2019/05/15 23:13:48
Raiff
Hello Cool GTX and hi everyone,
are there any news regarding the 60°C lock issue ?

It's really uncool not to be free to choose the fan curve up to, let's say 80°C.

Please help.

Thanks.

2019/06/22 06:50:04
Exigeous
Add another to the list who's pretty frustrated, err pissed about this.  I've had this cooler for a while but just started playing around with overclocking my 8086k and can run 5.0 on all cores really stable - but as soon as it ramps up the fans turn into leaf blowers - setting a hard 60C is really absurd.

I suppose at this point there's nothing we can do - I'm going to re-route the two radiator fans to my motherboard CPU plug, I just have to get a splitter to do it (cables aren't long enough).  Really (Deleted for Foul Language) as I'd like to use, you know, what I paid for!?!
2019/08/17 11:39:34
CaptainApollo13
I just wanted to add my support to OP, this is an issue that should not even exist and EVGA needs to fix. It should be a simple fix, and there is no reason for them to lock the top of the curve at 60C, no damage can be done until way after that. 90C is a good max.
2019/08/20 16:38:14
Exigeous
Just to add another .02 to this - I added 2 more fans to my radiator, in push/pull config - delided and applied liquid metal to my 8086k and at 5.0Ghz on all cores I'm running at around 50C - under full load, so that's one way to fix the leaf blower!  I'm now actually running at 5.3Ghz (seems I got really lucky and got a great chip) at about 70-72C but even still with all 4 fans it's not really loud at all - I did wire the fans directly to the motherboard though so I could control them separately.

Just some thoughts.
2019/08/23 18:24:07
couped
Can't change the top most fan speed either.  Is there a fix on the way for this? 
2019/08/27 16:28:34
hkuspc40
Yeah it's been 9 months (ish). I've given up on an update. Won't be buying anything from EVGA again.
2019/10/18 18:05:07
petecis
I've been able to use Cheat Engine 7.0 and edit the values in the graph to allow the upper most user defined value to be 70C instead of 60C.  Unfortunately, I don't have very much experience with cheat engine so I haven't yet been able to make a script or even a code offset to be able to quickly redo this every time the computer starts up.  I have to manually edit it.  

I might go poking around the Cheat Engine Forums to see if there's anyone around who can help out.  I dont have a lot of time lately to play around with stuff like this, but I bet there's someone with experience who could do this in a flash.

With a fan curve the way I want it, the computer is nice and quiet again.  No sudden jumps when a CPU core goes to 60C for a second!

2019/10/19 02:56:27
coolmistry
petecis
I've been able to use Cheat Engine 7.0 and edit the values in the graph to allow the upper most user defined value to be 70C instead of 60C.  Unfortunately, I don't have very much experience with cheat engine so I haven't yet been able to make a script or even a code offset to be able to quickly redo this every time the computer starts up.  I have to manually edit it.  

I might go poking around the Cheat Engine Forums to see if there's anyone around who can help out.  I dont have a lot of time lately to play around with stuff like this, but I bet there's someone with experience who could do this in a flash.

With a fan curve the way I want it, the computer is nice and quiet again.  No sudden jumps when a CPU core goes to 60C for a second!

Oh damn good try pal . Everyone got the same problem with fans went loud reach at 60c!! I have change very silent quiet fan which is much better of course left on Auto fans in my CLC software 
2019/10/19 18:57:25
petecis
I'll definitely post an update here if I get any farther and am able to make something that everyone can use.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account