2019/02/15 12:20:10
bill1024
First off I want to say thank you for the program and EVGA's generous backing of the folding project.
I do believe going to 10/25 is too much of an increase from 2/4. 
It will take a gtx1080 30 days at 833,333PPD a 1080Ti at 1.2M PPD will do it in 21 days.
That is if you get good work units, not every WU gives good PPD, some are less than other.
The for the buck folders from other teams like cure/folding coin may feel it is not worth it and just stick with the coins.
I have to admit I stop folding once I hit the required amount. But others and I put a lot of time and effort in to the 
EVGA crunching BOINC team looking for cures and other scientific projects. Trying to put up a good competitive team and representing EVGA in a good way. We do pretty good for a small BOINC team, we hang with the best out there.
Also In the winter running a lot of hardware helps heat the house, but in the Summer most of us, folders and BOINC have to cut back. The heat from computers with Summer heat is a big load on an A/C unit and electric is getting expensive. 
Also it takes more than a GPU to fold to earn the Bucks, it takes a motherboard,PSU, memory and a case.
Those parts fail or need to be upgraded from time to time too. Si it is not just use the bucks for a better GPU

I try to give back to EVGA buy buying EVGA products. I have 15 computers in my house and most all have EVGA PSUs and GPUs, 8 have EVGA Mboards and a couple two or three EVGA cases. I am 100% sure I am not the only one with a house full of EVGA hardware that we use for folding and BOINC. I heat my house in the Winter with it all.
Not to mention the EVGA Tshirts, I have several I used the bucks for, walking bill board advertisement for EVGA. 
Again, thank you for the promotion, but keep in mind not everyone has 1080 or better GPUs to fold with. And 10/25 is a huge increase over 2/4.  Maybe ease into it over a couple two or three years. 2/4 to 5/10 then 8/15 then 10/20
So people can see it coming and plan for it.

2019/02/15 12:32:08
bcavnaugh
Good feedback would best come from Folders that currently only Fold enough for the EVGA Bucks.
I say this only because I Fold but I do not Fold Only for The EVGA Bucks, I Fold for the Cure, the Bucks are extra.
I started to Fold and did not even know about the EVGA Bucks until after I stated Folding.
From our Team List https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&a=1&srt=1&t=111065 (Point last 24 Hours)
Start at 51 and work down the list and ask them in an email or even a PM for there thoughts as most do not even read the Forums.
For them this this could push them away and even stop Folding altogether.
This list is the current New Members to our Team
https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&a=2&t=111065
Maybe ask a few of them as well with this change.

As I posted above "One GTX 1080 Ti Folding 24 Hours a Day 7 Days a Week can get 30-32M a Month." Dedicated For Only Folding 90% of the Year.
With most Team Members only have there one computer that they also use for Gaming and Home Office Works and other uses.
With One Computer in the Home they would only be able to use it for Folding and this in turn would also increase their Elect Bill.
This alone would stop me from Folding.

8/16 Sounds like a good Start for Year 12
2019/02/15 13:05:23
kram36
Thanks for continuing to support folders, EVGA.

EDIT: So is the month of March 2/4 or is it going to be 10/25?
2019/02/15 13:18:41
bill1024
The new year starts in March. 10/25 is not set in stone as of yet. But March will be the new set amounts needed.
Hopefully more people will chime in before the deadline. Looks like there is still a few days they are thinking it over.
2019/02/15 14:25:30
Chris21010
imho, said this last year too, the point targets for year 11 where half what they should have been. that said a 5-6x increase over the previous reward lvls means more than a doubling in points year over year. this is a bit steep of a rise, imho, but its not that far off of what it should be when keeping in mind people should have earned ~$240 EVGA Bucks over the last 2 years. that is a HUGE discount that you can get on a card that can hit these current lvls without accounting for your previous cards work on top of that. that's the part that people seem to neglect to remember or mention in most discussions regarding EVGA Bucks.

if people really think the 25M target is just too extreme then a 3 tier system at $4 a tier would be the best trade off at this point.
2019/02/15 15:56:37
STR1D3R_2
Chris21010
if people really think the 25M target is just too extreme then a 3 tier system at $4 a tier would be the best trade off at this point.

I just read this entire thread for the first time and I was thinking of adding this as well only due to the possibility of losing quite a few folders. I am inline with a required points increase. 
Maybe double the current requirement but adding a bonus for a long shot tier 3 goal to encourage people to fold more 

Tier 1 : 4   (or +)                  (5 EVGA Bucks)
Tier 2 : 8   (or +)                  (5 EVGA Bucks)
Tier 3 : 50 or 100m          (5 or 10 EVGA Bucks)

I think doing something along these lines would lesson the chance of losing existing team members who fold mostly for the bucks by adding a large reward.
I personally fold only for the cure and use mostly eVGA  products. I plan to continuously  build the farm and keep building more. I would happily donate my tier 3 reward to another folder who does not currently have a farm to keep them on board as well. 
Another thought that crossed through my mind would be to align those higher targets to those who have registered newer 20xx cards. Granted many may not be using eVGA products. But, if you see the numbers being hit on day 1 or 2 it is obvious. 

Or do  a TZC type raffle and no bucks.  1-3 prizes at random after folding all month or past a smaller minimum. There is a giveaway for gamers, why not folders and crunchers
" tier 3, fold 50 mil points and be entered in the drawing to win a new ____________ " (dreamin, lol)

All said, I will continue folding for this team regardless of any point structure and wholeheartedly thank eVGA and team eVGA for your support in finding a cure. 

2019/02/15 17:19:13
Chris21010
double is not enough. the biggest driver for higher targets is that a lot of people are not folding all month anymore. they fold for a week or couple days and stop. back 6 years ago i would fold all month and not hit the 2nd tier, it happens no big deal. also looking at the average PPD of the top 1000 mid month is the wrong way to gauge user activity. you need to check everyone's daily output on the 1st week of the month, for that is how long the "hump" lasted this month. enough people finish within the first week that it is a visible 80M PPD drop when people stop for the month.
2019/02/15 17:21:28
yodap
Thanks EVGA for continuing the folding bucks program. Enjoyed all the intelligent points above and will keep an eye on this topic for more.

The levels are too high IMHO. I will always fold at a pace I'm comfortable with and feel lucky to be able to do it at all. The proposed levels it would take me away from crunching GPU projects that are as important to me as folding. It all comes down to electricity costs for these hobby's of mine. Many people don't have these concern's but a lot do.

2019/02/15 18:48:36
kram36
Retracted.
2019/02/15 19:04:40
notfordman
Thinking a bit more about this, why not triple the threshold?  From 2 million to 6, and 4 to 12 million, that may seem more "reasonable" to many . JMO. I personally like the third level, but feel 50 million is way too high at this time. Chris mentioned the amount per year that can be earned. I don't always use those bucks on a GPU. Sometimes I use them for folding prizes when we are lucky enough to have contest's, ect. I just hope whatever is decided doesn't cause a big drop in team production.  

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account