2019/02/04 16:06:51
Enad1
Hi, as the title states, I'm not getting any sound when waking up from sleep mode. Is this something everyone experiences or am I seeing a bug in the software/hardware? Is there anything I can do about this, to 'wake up' the sound card? 
2019/02/04 17:25:17
EVGA_Lee
What sample rate do you have set when you put the PC to sleep?  Is it switching to a different output (such as HDMI or your monitor) when it wakes up? 
2019/02/04 17:30:49
Enad1
Hi,

I was curious if it had something to do with the sample rate. I keep it at the maximum 32bit, 384000. 

As for it changing output, no it doesn't change output. The EVGA nu audio card is still listed as the output device and in the software I can see that 'sound' is being detected when I play a video or whatever, but nothing is outputted. 

2019/02/05 07:53:46
DigitalNik739
I also have this issues with putting my PC to sleep and the NU Audio card! Except for me, when I wake my PC from sleep my whole system crashes to a blue screen. I'm certain the NU audio card has something to do with it, my PC did not have this issue before I installed.
2019/02/05 13:59:59
EVGA_Lee
I'll see if we can do some testing in the next couple days to try and reproduce the issue here.
2019/02/05 14:13:26
Enad1
Just as a follow up with some more information.  I tried again today, put it into sleep and woke it up and I had no sound at first, but was able to get some audio after adjusting the volume up and down a few times. But then all youtube videos would refuse playback and I'd get an error on the video. Then sound stopped working again until I reboot. 
2019/02/06 13:26:06
EVGA_Lee
We did some testing in our Customer Service room and were unable to reproduce the sleep issue.  The audio came back each time, as well.  On the other hand, they found a rather strange and unrelated bug, so there was definitely some value in doing the testing.

This might be a case where our engineering team might need to do some extended testing to figure out if we can reproduce some of these issues.
2019/02/06 13:33:03
Enad1
EVGATech_LeeM
We did some testing in our Customer Service room and were unable to reproduce the sleep issue.  The audio came back each time, as well.  On the other hand, they found a rather strange and unrelated bug, so there was definitely some value in doing the testing.

This might be a case where our engineering team might need to do some extended testing to figure out if we can reproduce some of these issues.

Hm strange. As it's very consistently NOT working for me. 

I suppose I will try setting a different sample rate before I go into sleep next, and see if that changes anything.
2019/02/11 13:29:06
MackWage
I have this same issue. Set at 32 / 192k. I have to reboot after coming back from sleep to get audio playback and Youtube videos working. 
2019/02/13 09:52:34
EVGA_Lee
Do you guys have a minidump file or BSOD logs you can give us to look at?  Our Audio team has tested sleep with a number of systems on-hand and cannot reproduce the issue.  If you guys have any minidumps or error information you can give us, we'll gladly keep working on this.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account