2019/02/05 11:56:41
EvoLunatic
CyberbrainPC
Anarion
There hasn't been a single proper review yet. Just some totally subjective stuff that's completely useless. Zero measurements.

Ya audio is super subjective, and extremely difficult to be consistent in testing with due to physical differences, headphones, computer difference etc. I also don't have the tools *yet* to do a audio analysis. I did my best being honest and descriptive on the subjective difference of upgrading. One thing for sure, i'm happy I don't have a usb dac anymore, but it takes up a PCI-E slot and lanes soooo for some builds that won't work.  Perhaps a USB one is in the works for those people who prefer that. 

It barely has 24 hrs on it and the sound out of this thing is more than what the $250 suggests. I'll know how far it can go after 300 hrs at least. I'm also expecting a USB version that's more on the high end which I wouldn't mind at all (please EVGA). In the meantime it's tightening up in the highs/mids/lows, Audio Note magic touch.
2019/02/05 22:39:33
MSim
Anarion
There hasn't been a single proper review yet. Just some totally subjective stuff that's completely useless. Zero measurements.

That's asking a lot from normal customers. It would be nice to see stuff like that from the so called professional review sites.

2019/02/06 05:28:03
Anarion
MSim
Anarion

That's asking a lot from normal customers. It would be nice to see stuff like that from the so called professional review sites.

Normal yes, but even so called hardware sites that have tested it have not done anything. They could have done at least RMAA tests since the card has really nice ADC, it should give rather good idea how it performs. Obviously they should also test it against the integrated audio solutions they seem to be comparing it with (and use the Nu Audio's ADC for that too). That isn't a lot of work and anyone can do it. In this case it does give a much more info than subjective opinions.
2019/02/07 21:28:37
dustingg
I'm wondering how does the digital out Toslink work with a Receiver, does it decode in DTS, Dolby or both?
2019/02/09 03:31:08
MSim
dustingg
I'm wondering how does the digital out Toslink work with a Receiver, does it decode in DTS, Dolby or both?

Optical Out (TOSLINK Passthrough)  No DTS or Dolby software features in the NU Audio software. You would need other software to do that with NU Audio sound card.
2019/02/09 16:37:12
bcavnaugh
EVGATech_EddieH
EVGA is giving away up to 250 EVGA Bucks to 2 lucky NU Audio Card owners every month!  All you have to do is review your NU Audio Card and enter to win. Click here for more details: https://www.evga.com/arti...00/nu-audio-promotion/
#LifeLikeAudio

I'm In, Great Idea EVGA
2019/02/09 16:42:52
bcavnaugh
dustingg

Would you not want the AV Receiver to process the decoding?
It seems you would not want to decode it two times.
I will see what Happens when I connect this Card to a few Sony AV Receivers in 7.2, 7.1, and old 5.1 AV Receiver.

Not really understanding this at all! $1600 for an NU Audio Card?

Attached Image(s)

2019/02/26 21:18:31
Volt615
I still haven't found a video where people discuss the Nu Audio card vs common DACs used and high end mother boards for gaming. On a side note, I would also like to see someone from EVGA verify if 7.1 surround will be added in the software for gaming as well. I have read that support for surround is on the way, but I have also read that the drivers do not support the 5.1 optical at the moment so that surround support coming could be for that and not the 7.1 as I would hope.   
2019/02/27 12:23:10
MSim
Volt615
I still haven't found a video where people discuss the Nu Audio card vs common DACs used and high end mother boards for gaming. On a side note, I would also like to see someone from EVGA verify if 7.1 surround will be added in the software for gaming as well. I have read that support for surround is on the way, but I have also read that the drivers do not support the 5.1 optical at the moment so that surround support coming could be for that and not the 7.1 as I would hope.   

I can't find any video review that compares NU Audio to sound solutions around the same price point. We see "it sounds better than my $5-10 onboard audio solution". They don't go into any details about each test setup.

5.1 optical "works", long as you don't want Dolby or DTS.

2019/02/27 18:28:21
bcavnaugh
Dolby is Coming.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account