2019/06/06 19:21:38
James071966
Just this past week I started to get the same issues with my card  as random drop-outs but I using Firefox other then Chrome on my PC.   I just did a manual update on what you suggested as it fixed it but now it's back..  will look to see if any other drivers are the issue ..

2019/06/08 15:23:37
James071966
Update for those that are still having issues with Nu Audio random pauses and drops in audio as I tried the ASMedia Extensible Host Controller as that worked for  about 10 mins and the drops started once again.  So trying to solve the issue I was reading the PCIe Slot could be the issue as the slot your Nu Audio could be sharing with other devices so I got out my motherboard manual and notice the PCIe slot I was in was routed through the  z390 Chip set  and the other were going through the CPU so I put the card into the one that routed through the CPU and that looks like it solved the issue... no more random pauses and drops as I been playing music all day on it .    I have lot's of external drives and I access them often so must be the random pauses and drops is it bottle necking on that lane .  Not sure why a browser would do it unless your access the the bus somehow. 

back to the tunes.... music is everything :)
2019/12/05 19:15:32
Exare
Sorry to necro, but I'm having this same issue.

I have had 2 of these cards. They've both failed at something. My first card had a loud hissing noise being sent through the speakers. The second card I received as a replacement had the same issue. I eventually got it to work by plugging my headphones into the RCA jack and foregoing the headphone jack.

Great, right?

Until I started using it. The hissing stopped, but now the audio pauses whenever things are happening on the Windows side. If I unplug a USB device, the audio pauses. If I plug one in, it pauses. If I'm playing a game and using Discord... the audio randomly pauses.

I can't stand this. I'm beyond my return for Amazon and I'm beyond my patience. This card has been an absolute disaster and I would not recommend it to anybody. Nice try EVGA. Get at me if you have a solution or want to help but 45 minutes on tech support and all I got was "your PSU is the problem". Well I proved that wrong but switching ports on the back from plugging my headphones in to the RCA slot. But now the IRRITATING pauses.

My 10 year old Sound Blaster works better than this.

If anybody has any solutions, please help me. I'm out $200 and weeks of troubleshooting. I'm about ready to throw this POS in the garbage and chalk it up as a sad waste of money.
2020/09/20 20:39:27
BenKodiak
When I first got the card it played as it was intended. Now the sound drops almost every time i move the mouse. Is there a solution yet? 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account