2019/01/22 20:15:08
dirosa5886
Recently,  I just got the Evga nu audio sound card, however i have a pair of AStro's A50 and it is hooked up via usb.  In my current set up I have an optical cable going from the soundcard to the base of the headset charger.  The audio is cutting in and out when i set the sound to come from the optical device.  I am not sure what to do?
2019/01/22 20:32:03
ty_ger07
I am really confused about what you are doing and why. What is your other use for the EVGA sound card? Because it seems like, based on what you have described so far, you are using the EVGA sound card for no reason other than trying your hardest to find a reason to use it. I don't know why the optical output isn't working for you, but even if it did work, it's just a digital output which will sound identical to any other digital output (USB, HDMI, or any other optical output from any other $10 device). With this sound card, what you are paying for is all the "audiophile grade" analog stuff. If you don't use the analog outputs, it seems like a purchasing mistake. If your headset already has USB audio capability, there is no reason to use the EVGA sound card's optical output since it will be the identical digital signal to your headset base station which will be doing the digital to analog conversion in either case.
2019/01/22 20:48:57
dirosa5886
Thansks for the info should of done some more research before hand. I’ll probably just send it back the next couple of days. Thanks for the info.
2019/01/30 04:13:39
genghiskhanpl
I got strange freezes in sound (pauses) when using computer - like open a file or folder, using web browser....
I switched pci-e slot - maybe this causing problems?
2019/02/07 19:54:48
Fulgore243
genghiskhanpl
I got strange freezes in sound (pauses) when using computer - like open a file or folder, using web browser....
I switched pci-e slot - maybe this causing problems?

I'm having the same issue of random pauses/drops in audio, it occurs on both the headphone jack and RCA outputs, in Windows 10 with the new Nu Audio driver 0.1.1.

I tried:

Uninstalling the on-board Realtek drivers and disabled the Realtek card in BIOS.

Reducing sampling quality to 16 bit 48000 khz.

It seems to get worse when I do something like you described - opening a folder, minimizing a program or merely web browsing.

Later tonight I'll try moving PCIE slots as well.

2019/02/07 20:03:32
bcavnaugh
Fulgore243
I'm having the same issue of random pauses/drops in audio, it occurs on both the headphone jack and RCA outputs, in Windows 10 with the new Nu Audio driver 0.1.1.
I tried:
Uninstalling the on-board Realtek drivers and disabled the Realtek card in BIOS.

It seems to get worse when I do something like you described - opening a folder, minimizing a program or merely web browsing.

What OS and OS Version?

2019/02/07 20:42:42
Fulgore243
bcavnaugh
Fulgore243
I tried:

What OS and OS Version?

It's updated Windows 10 64-bit Home.

I tried moving PCI-E slots but I'm still getting audio dropout, mostly when opening a program or moving/minimizing a window.

I also tried doing a clean reinstall of the Nu Audio driver/software. Even on 24 bit 96khz I'm getting dropout of playback from Youtube in Chrome, and Winamp FLAC and MP3.
2019/02/08 08:12:33
bcavnaugh
Disable Hardware Acceleration in Chrome
Is Winamp FLAC and MP3 Current?
Make sure you have the Current Chipset Drivers installed
Intel® Chipset Driver for Windows Version: 10.1.17903.8106 (Latest)
2019/02/08 10:17:48
Introspector
bcavnaugh

Why?

2019/02/08 10:18:20
Fulgore243
bcavnaugh
Is Winamp FLAC and MP3 Current?
Make sure you have the Current Chipset Drivers installed

I updated chipset drivers and disabled hardware acceleration in Chrome.

Still getting audio skipping from Chrome audio playback. 

Edit: Possible solution, I manually updated in Device Manager each of the ASMedia Extensible Host Controller (3.0, 3.0 and 3.1) entries in Device Manager using the "Search automatically for updated device driver software" option. The version installed from EVGA was dated Sep 2018, and the Microsoft-found auto-updated version is 1.16.38.1, dated Aug 2016 instead, but the Microsoft version is working now. Going on an hour of testing and zero skips/dropout so far.

TLDR: The EVGA driver package 0.1.1 may have a buggy driver for the USB controller on the Nu Audio card. Try manually updating the three "ASMedia USB3.x Extensible Host Controller" items with whatever Microsoft finds as an auto-update driver and your problem may be fixed, mine appears to be.

Attached Image(s)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account