2019/01/11 09:14:23
nznat2013
Just a question.  Will there ever be a fully functional precision X1 software release?

There are so many bugs, so much time passing, and still no fixes.  Every single time, and i mean every single release is broken, and if something does get fixed, that very release breaks something else.

Then when a fix does finally come along for the new broken settings, then brand new stuff ups is placed in the newest release. wow  

Around and around we go.  

I ask: Will there ever be a fully functional release without bugs for our VERY expensive video cards?

Even the side of the videocard box states how amazing this software is?  hahaha 

PLEASE can we get a final functional release EVGA? 
2019/01/11 12:38:44
d.burnette
Well it is still considered Beta software.

I am having no issues with 0.3.11 - but I may not use it as extensively as others. I use it mainly to set a profile with a 
manual fan curve I have put in, along with Power and Temp targets maxed. I do not have it set to start with Windows, I start PX1 after loaded to desktop.
2019/01/11 12:41:26
nznat2013
STILL CONSIDERED BETA!!!!   Its been a beta for "years". hahahahahaha FAIL!   Its always a beta. Always, never does it get a final release date, or a fully functional release of the software. NEVER! They always release it in beta form, and have the excuse its in beta because of all the new video cards that come out.  come on
2019/01/11 13:13:36
the_Scarlet_one
nznat2013
STILL CONSIDERED BETA!!!!   Its been a beta for "years". hahahahahaha FAIL!   Its always a beta. Always, never does it get a final release date, or a fully functional release of the software. NEVER! They always release it in beta form, and have the excuse its in beta because of all the new video cards that come out.  come on

"years"..  3 months after its release.
2019/01/11 13:18:27
nznat2013
precision has been out for "years", not 3 months, every single release has been a beta that had major issues. everyone knows it, thats why so many people went to the competition to use their software instead, like afterburner. I mean, come on.  
2019/01/11 13:44:21
the_Scarlet_one
Precision X1 is in the title, and the main post.  Precision X1 has only been available for 3 months. 

Afterburner has also been in Beta since RTX cards released, 3 months ago.  

Unwinder builds afterburner for MSI.  Unwinder also use to build Precision, up to version 4.2.1, and had a lot of experience working with all of the systems.  Unwinder continues to build on the software that he has established years ago, and improve on it.

EVGA started building Precision XOC starting with the 980 launch.  When they released 5.0, they were called out for using unwinders code, which they had paid for, so they pulled 5.0 off the download list, and build precision XOC 6.0 from scratch.  Yes, there were issues, because EVGA does NOT, believe it or not, have access to every single build available to the public.  To have access, they need to have users report their issues back, because otherwise they would never know what issues were out there. 

Starting with the RTX launch, EVGA released another new software, Precision X1.  Precision X1 was also built from scratch, not using coding from the older Precision XOC.  

I know very little about programming, but I would assume that it is not an easy task to figure out what every single person using the software is using, and know how to remove the issues.  With Precision X1, EVGA has been pushing updates much faster than before.  

If you like Afterburner more, use it.  There is nothing wrong with using the software that was established many years ago, and maintains the same features it has always had.  I use afterburner, and it works great, but I also do not utilize an EVGA gpu that requires Precision X1 or Precision XOC. Afterburner is very plain, and just works.
2019/01/11 13:48:52
nznat2013
sorry, what has your reply got to do with anything i have been saying?

Who cares if its beta, who cares if its made from old code or from scratch.

Its a peace of software that doesn't work as stated, and was supposed to be a breakthrough, and the amount of money paid for our cards (which was stated to come with amazing software to unlock the potential of our cards purchased), still doesn't fulfill what it was supposed to do.

We don't ask for much, but wow, so many issues with it, its not funny

2019/01/11 15:47:06
the_Scarlet_one
And they are working to improve the issues. Again, the programmer can not account for all of the hardware configurations others have, so it will take time and feedback. The quantity of updates recently has been higher and better than in the past, which is a very good sign that EVGA is actively working to improve the software.
2019/01/11 16:18:06
transdogmifier
nznat2013
sorry, what has your reply got to do with anything i have been saying?

Who cares if its beta, who cares if its made from old code or from scratch.

Its a peace of software that doesn't work as stated, and was supposed to be a breakthrough, and the amount of money paid for our cards (which was stated to come with amazing software to unlock the potential of our cards purchased), still doesn't fulfill what it was supposed to do.

We don't ask for much, but wow, so many issues with it, its not funny

I'm not happy with it either, but be honest for a change. eVGA isn't a huge company with a lot of devs running around programming..and they certainly don't have scores of QA people to test it either.

I'd love them to hire more people and dedicate them to the software that never seems to get done and polished...but that's not gonna happen, I'd say.

2019/01/11 17:54:56
dsublett
I'm really tired of EVGA's defenders.  Let's set the record straight.  EVGA is not a small company by any means. The fact is they can't develop software.  Simply put, EVGA is a hardware company. They never should have developed hardware that relies on software for control and monitoring. 

They don't need to hire more developers -- they need to hire some competent developers.  The current staff they have do not know how to code software -- no one here can say otherwise.  This is obvious to anyone that frequents this site and has tried using any form of Precision.  Further, this isn't a complicated piece of software. It's a fan controller / temp monitoring program.  I'll say it for the last time.  The current developers employed by EVGA (probably someone's son or daughter who works there) do not know programming.  Lastly, EVGA refuses to come in here and tell us what is really going on with Precision.

It's really a disservice when a lot of us come in here and post real issues only to have them discounted by other users that spend days making Precision function even in a minimal form.  For example, one poster in here says the solution is to manually run the software after each boot and that is an acceptable workaround. No it isn't. This software has serious issues and can literally destroy your gpu if you aren't careful.

I can't express my disappointment anymore clearly.  EVGA hire some real developers and get this done. It doesn't take months to produce a piece of software like this. And stop treating your customers like second class citizens.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account