2019/01/10 05:47:46
mothandras
@nesbit I will keep this thread updated when I receive my replacement.

I think I will first run it stock, and not install PX1 and try to get a weeks or so use out of it.

If I don't have any issues I will install PX1 and see if it requests to update the Firmware or not.

I see some people are receiving new cards (NIB), others are receiving clearly refurbished units in brown boxes.

Assuming the Refurbished units will already have the updated firmware on them.
2019/01/10 05:55:44
xblackvalorx
mothandras
@nesbit I will keep this thread updated when I receive my replacement.

I think I will first run it stock, and not install PX1 and try to get a weeks or so use out of it.

If I don't have any issues I will install PX1 and see if it requests to update the Firmware or not.

I see some people are receiving new cards (NIB), others are receiving clearly refurbished units in brown boxes.

Assuming the Refurbished units will already have the updated firmware on them.

When I spoke with evga to get my rma they said they don't have refurbs yet and all rma cards were new units.
But I've heard of the Brown box cards too. So, idk if I believe them or if they're actually cheaping out on boxes.
2019/01/10 10:44:37
xblackvalorx
I just got an email stating that my rma will be delayed due to no stock, no eta
Also, they told me multiple times this wouldn't be an issue as rma stock is kept separately.

Guess that means they're having more rmas than expected.
2019/01/10 11:08:06
broli
Yea I suspect that as well.  Mine died and I had to RMA and as I was doing researching and scouring the other forums, it's flooded with people reporting dead RTX cards for the same reasons.  It's also not just limited to 2080 Ti, but even 2070 and 2080.  Several people already RMA their cards 3 times and are on their 4th card.
2019/01/10 11:20:17
xblackvalorx
broli
Yea I suspect that as well.  Mine died and I had to RMA and as I was doing researching and scouring the other forums, it's flooded with people reporting dead RTX cards for the same reasons.  It's also not just limited to 2080 Ti, but even 2070 and 2080.  Several people already RMA their cards 3 times and are on their 4th card.

This just made me verify with the agent handling my rma that if I were to need additional rmas within 30 days of receiving my new in box card it would be replaced with another new in box card.

I really can't believe how this launch is going. Been at it 12 years and I've never seen so many dead cards within such a short time.
I wonder if they're going to end up doing some form of second revision.
This has to be killing profits for both the AIB partners and Nvidia themselves.
I have a feeling the next few months in the GPU world are going to be interesting to say the least.
I feel like the price hike is caused by rma rate.
2019/01/10 11:57:04
mothandras
@xblackvalorx Is your RMA is a 2080ti FTW3 Ultra?  If so, I am going to be in the same boat as you.

How long are we supposed to wait on these?
2019/01/10 12:02:14
xblackvalorx
mothandras
@xblackvalorx Is your RMA is a 2080ti FTW3 Ultra?  If so, I am going to be in the same boat as you.

How long are we supposed to wait on these?

Yes, FTW3, and here's a copy of the email.
"Hello,

I am writing to you about a status update for your recent RMA. As of right now, we do not have any RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra graphics cards available in inventory and we are awaiting to get more soon. Due to this, processing your RMA will be delayed. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on when more inventory will be available but as soon as a shipment arrives, we will be processing your RMA. I apologize for any inconvenience and please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

Regards,

EVGA"

The language used doesn't inspire hope that it'll be soon.
2019/01/10 12:20:25
nesbit
Same. Delayed. I suspect they can’t get good chips from nvidia. If people have to get 2 or more RMAs this issue is widespread. The worst is no one is saying anything about causes.
2019/01/10 12:30:03
mothandras
@nesbit How long have you been waiting? 

Hopefully you all have spare cards for now. 

Be nice if they sent us new Kingpins instead.
2019/01/10 13:03:48
nesbit
mothandras
@nesbit How long have you been waiting? 

Hopefully you all have spare chttps://forums.evga.com/m...&fp=1&p=2#ards for now. 

Be nice if they sent us new Kingpins instead.

I sold my 1080 Ti ftw3 the day before my 2080 ti ftw 3 died. Lol. I’m using onboard but can’t game with it. Started the RMA on the 5th I think so not hideously long yet. I kinda feel sorry for evga because I think nvidia is sending chips they hope are good and counting on RMAs to sort it out costing the customer even more money.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account