2018/12/10 12:47:50
Steveklo
Just tried dl and running 0.3.10 and it still isn't working for me running Windows 7 64 bit.
2018/12/11 12:38:10
Nicknapoli
hi same issue with me aswell, installed the last version on my windows 10 pro with the last update the program is installed but don't work
2018/12/11 20:38:35
andrzejtnt2000
I've been having same issue with Win 7 x64 since October and tried every version of Precision x1 all Instructions but no success on 2080 Ti XC Ultra, and FTW3 and after all this time finally I got a response from EVGA. also Contacted NVidia for other issue on missing drivers for Hardware USB-C Drivers and some PCI device.

MB: Asus P9X79 WS CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K
the Video card is missing Drivers
PCI DEVICE:                                          PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1AD7&SUBSYS_24873842&REV_A1
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1AD6&SUBSYS_24873842&REV_A1
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.
To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

Also have experienced Boot with no VIDEO on the FTW3, even though windows would load. A power cycle would Fix it.

EVGA Rep:  

Hello,
This is Ray customer service supervisor for EVGA. We received your feedback about the issues you are having with Precision X1. The issue that you are having has to do with support in Windows 7. That software does not support Windows 7 and it is unlikely that it ever will. The software is made with Windows 10 in mind as the RTX ray-tracing features require DX12 (only supported in Windows 10) to work correctly.
We expect you to have the errors that you are having when using that operating system. That said, the card can be used with Nvidia’s Win 7 drivers and the card will work as expected, but PX1 will not.
Please feel free to reach out to me.

Regards, Ray

Very Disappointing as Precision X1 is not working on Win 7 x64 and may never will.
2018/12/12 02:48:04
squall-leonhart
Steveklo
Just tried dl and running 0.3.10 and it still isn't working for me running Windows 7 64 bit.

This is getting ridiculous, i've practically told EVGA Developers how to rectify this.

It's an absolute (removed) lie that it was developed for 10 as the Assembly that it is failing on was provided to 8.0, its a simple fix i could do it i under 5 minutes myself.

EVGA, your developers are LIARS.

Guys, i will make a fix for this over the next week or so, if the evga half rate hacks aren't going to make a simple non-consequential change to the base aero assembly in use, i'll just provide you a way to install the one needed.

And done
Aero2 Assembly for .Net Presentation Frameworks on Windows 7

setup is unsigned, files installed are all microsoft signed.

edit by Cool GTX - Language removed - EVGA Forums Terms of Use
2018/12/12 04:15:13
boreman
Squall-Leonhart You rock! No solution has worked for me up until now.
This was the answer to months of frustration.
Thank you!
2018/12/12 05:10:48
bob16314
2018/12/12 08:53:09
andrzejtnt2000
Sweet Squall-Leonhart Your a Rock Star! 

finally got Precision X1 started for the First Time WOW 3 Months and fix released not by EVGA but Hurray its working.

No way EVGA a BIG DISAPOINTMENT from Support on this issue. 

PS: Now a days there aren't many well informed and knowledgeable techs, just change the part or go to different operating system, reinstall software is not a fix to a problem with software
2018/12/12 10:39:36
1john
Win 10 Pro here.
Just Installed new Win update, X1 is now working again.
Merry Christmas!
2018/12/15 10:20:18
Steveklo
Thank you Squall I finally got px1 to work with your solution. Awesome work just goes to show how lazy or misinformed EVGA is. 
2018/12/17 22:32:56
morph3us
squall-leonhart
Steveklo

This is getting ridiculous, i've practically told EVGA Developers how to rectify this.

It's an absolute (removed) lie that it was developed for 10 as the Assembly that it is failing on was provided to 8.0, its a simple fix i could do it i under 5 minutes myself.

EVGA, your developers are LIARS.

Guys, i will make a fix for this over the next week or so, if the evga half rate hacks aren't going to make a simple non-consequential change to the base aero assembly in use, i'll just provide you a way to install the one needed.

And done

setup is unsigned, files installed are all microsoft signed.

edit by Cool GTX - Language removed -

dude thank you so much. it hasn't worked for me for months , and this fixed it  (  ) . EVGA should give you some swag for such a concise write up and even fix. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account