2018/12/02 01:04:03
The Mew
bob16314
That's all that's in the user.cfg file?..That's not cool at all.

I still think it's a permissions issue with Win10 Pro..Read a little farther down in this thread.

You may need to give the .cfg files write permission.

Here is a copy of my user.cfg file I put on my OneDrive page for you..You might try replacing yours with mine and set how it rolls..It's in a stock, unadulterated configuration from a clean install of PX1 v0.3.9 BETA with OSD and Start Minimized disabled.

So my config file already had full permissions and replacing my file with the one you provided didn't make it work either. I tried changing IsUpgradeRequired from false to true once again and upon running PX1 it changed it back to false. I wonder if my file was incomplete because the program never fully loaded. 

I've also now tried giving every folder/file in the EVGA PX1 install location and appdata files full permissions which doesn't seem to change anything either. 

On another note, I have also contacted EVGA support and linked this thread to them so hopefully I hear something from them as well. 
2018/12/02 06:45:27
bob16314
We tried..Hope you get it figured out..Post back if you do..Good luck.
2018/12/02 13:06:49
The Mew
bob16314
We tried..Hope you get it figured out..Post back if you do..Good luck.

Will do! Although I feel like it is something that will have to be fixed in a future version of PX1 and not a setting on my end.. 
2018/12/02 19:32:42
mpredosin
I installed 0.3.9 Precision X1 on Win7-64bit.  No shortcut on desktop or start menu.
Tried launching PX18.exe from C:\Program Files\EVGA\Precision X1.  Nothing shows up.
2018/12/04 20:35:01
sp4rky
This is also happening to me. 

2080 Ti XC2 Ultra came in today so installed Precision X1 BETA 0.3.9 and it will not start up at all. I'm on Windows 10 update 1809

I do have the 2080 in the bottom PCI-E Slot on the mother board and GTX FE 1070 in the top PCI-E slot, if that matters.
2018/12/05 01:05:55
The Mew
EVGA's most recent response to me was this:

"Have you tried to uninstall precision x1> delete the EVGA folder under your program files x86 folder > using DDU(display driver uninstaller) > shutting they system down uninstall the 1080 graphics card. Restart the system only and reinstall precision x1. If this does not work please let us know. We look forward to your response so we may further assist you. "

This did not solve the issue for me, however if any one else would like to attempt this and post their results here that would be helpful. 

2018/12/05 04:37:04
1john
Same problem..
I was reading a webpage and heard my rtx1070 xc ultra start throttling, and was like that's odd. So I tried to open X1 to look at the fan speeds and I can't open it.
I closed the webpage and the throttling stopped.
It was working just fine the other day, only reason I heard it was because I wasn't wearing my headphones. XC Ultra sure is a quiet card.
I did install a new driver from GF experience yesterday, is that the problem?
2018/12/06 00:23:47
sp4rky
Update: 

I installed 0.2.8 and PX1 works now. If it helps I can keep installing versions to see where it stop working. I just wanted to change RGB color to match other card so that was all I needed from PX1 atm.
2018/12/08 12:18:35
Steveklo
I have the same problem with PX1 on Windows 7 64 bit, all I get when I run the program is a hourglass for one second then there is a message stating that the program stopped working and windows is sending a report to Microsoft for them to look at. I've tried all versions down to 0.2.5 and no of them are working on my system. I have a EVGA 2070 gaming GPU.
2018/12/10 12:24:06
The Mew
The last thing support said to me was to wait for an update and see if the problem is solved. Just installed 0.3.10 and so far it is working and opens as it should. Also shows my 1080 with the beta support they added. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account