2018/11/19 17:50:22
CSPlayer089
Mine was definitely one of the original batches. According to GPU-Z mine has Micron memory. IIRC the cards with issues all had Micron chips. Newer batches are using Samsung. 
2018/11/19 18:03:54
bcavnaugh
CSPlayer089
Mine was definitely one of the original batches. According to GPU-Z mine has Micron memory. IIRC the cards with issues all had Micron chips. Newer batches are using Samsung. 

What you are saying is not all true, the Memory is in reference to the NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti FE Model and Not EVGA's
Both mine have Micron Memory, still no issues.

2018/11/19 18:27:26
raiden2a
Lmao. Mine just died after one hour of destiny 2. Even had the HC on it.
2018/11/19 18:42:12
CSPlayer089
bcavnaugh
CSPlayer089

What you are saying is not all true, the Memory is in reference to the NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti FE Model and Not EVGA's

Yeah, no issues yet, which is great. I also thought mine would be 100% free of issues. Turns out I was wrong. 
2018/11/19 19:44:01
Nalph
CSPlayer089
bcavnaugh
CSPlayer089

Yeah, no issues yet, which is great. I also thought mine would be 100% free of issues. Turns out I was wrong. 

I don't think the new card you get will have samsung memory. I could be wrong though... but i haven't heard of anyone getting a new evga card with samsung memory now? can someone vouch? But i suppose we can hope for your next card with micron memory to last longer or, forever. of course. I have micron memory in my 2080ti ftw3 as well and i have done allot of testing and had no issues thus far, temps are lower than most people's even. but i cant run it at anything over 900 really on a OC. but oh well... good luck!
2018/12/03 10:17:27
cahey
Had the same thing happen to my RTX 2070 OC. Going to test it out on another pc over the weekend to see if it works in a different system. If not, RMA time. Not going to try my luck in the silicon lottery again, too much money for cards now a days. Saved up for months and had this happen to me. Super disappointed. =/
2018/12/03 10:49:09
SprayingMango
One of my 2080Ti XC Ultras died Saturday morning. I completed step 2 and my advanced RMA still says pending, I’m hoping it ships today. I had already paid for Advanced RMA when I registered my cards and uploaded invoices.
2018/12/03 12:07:09
d.burnette
appayipyip
One of my 2080Ti XC Ultras died Saturday morning. I completed step 2 and my advanced RMA still says pending, I’m hoping it ships today. I had already paid for Advanced RMA when I registered my cards and uploaded invoices.

Odd I don't recall getting an opportunity to purchase Advanced RMA on my 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra when I registered it, only extended warranty option was offered.

Hope you get yours pronto!

2018/12/05 02:27:12
Aecio Flavio
@CSPlayer089 any news about the RMA?
2018/12/06 06:21:52
videoz1home
Reading this with interest.

I have a separate thread here but I've been through two different EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultras in the past week ... (screen pictures in my other thread). Both crashing and dying with screen artifacts after only a short spell in Battlefield V at 4K resolution (no overclocking).

They worked fine until I played Battlefield V (stress?)... but after that they gradually became unusable even on rebooting and the first one totally died on me. I tried dialing down nearly every setting with no luck. In my ignorance I replaced my power supply too (I should bill Nvidia for that).

Anyway... to cut a long story short I was horrified by what I learned on YouTube last night about the current spate of 2080 Ti failures. So rather than RMA the card I have returned my second (replacement) card to the store for a full refund. I'm currently running on an old card until I figure out a solution.

But I simply can't afford to risk ending up with a $1300 brick in a few months. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account