2018/11/19 13:39:58
santa_ryan
squall-leonhart

its not.

Closer inspection reveals that true. The NCP45491 Shunt monitor (U50) isn't as close as I thought on the other side of the board. Appears to just be a blown inductor.

Quad5Ny
There was probably a loose solder ball (or other metal) and that shorted out L64 and also L65 blew.
Pic's of a good PCB here: 

2019/03/26 01:52:05
jdelcid
This just happened to me on the same spot and it looks like the same thing. Isolated or not, DO NOT leave your computer running at your house while your away (i have the RTX 2080ti black edition). I owned an evga 780 for 4 years and always left my computer running while i was gone. I never had issues. I left this computer by itself before but thank god it decided to burn while i was home. Just be cautious. Also on a note, EVGA costumer service is handling it fine. It just sucks because i cant play for a while and i dont like typing on my phone.
2019/03/26 12:20:02
blackpanther26
do you have pictures. I'm having another problem differently where GPUz is stating that VRel and VOp in the sensor log and every few hours my screen shuts off.
2019/08/07 03:57:02
moonkrj
jdelcid
This just happened to me on the same spot and it looks like the same thing. Isolated or not, DO NOT leave your computer running at your house while your away (i have the RTX 2080ti black edition). I owned an evga 780 for 4 years and always left my computer running to while i was gone. I never had issues. I left this computer by itself before but thank god it decided to burn while i was home. Just be cautious. Also on a note, EVGA costumer service is handling it fine. It just sucks because i cant play for a while and i dont like typing on my phone.

I had Evga rtx 2060 xc ultra and then got rtx 2080ti. I've been used to it: I always leave my PC running while I'm away. Thanks for the warning. I will keep an eye on it now.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account