2018/09/29 09:38:12
krane
I just gave my 11 year old niece who lives with me a phone, she has an app on her phone (TIK TOK w/ musical.ly) What exactly is it?  I looked it up but I am still not sure.  Do the short videos travel all over the world? Can anyone see them and talk to her about them?  With everything going on I get a little worried.  She has been with me since she was in kindergarten  and I worry.  Can anyone tell me if this app is okay? Thanks guys 
2018/09/29 09:53:33
NazcaC2
The app allows the user to create and post the videos anyone with the app can see. No one will be able to communicate over the app according to the description.

TikTok is a global video community. We make it easy for you to watch awesome short videos AND you can also make your own videos by capturing those funny and memorable moments to share with the world. Spice up your videos with our special effects filters, fun stickers, and so much more. Life’s moving fast, so make every second count.

■ Watch millions of videos selected specifically for you
An experience catered specifically for you based on content you watch, like, and share! TikTok will adapt to your taste to offer the most relevant, interesting, fun, quirky, head-turning videos that you’ll never want to stop watching!

■ Get entertained and inspired by a global community of creators
Millions of creators are on TikTok showcasing their incredible talents, precious moments, and knowledge.

■ Add your favorite music or sound to your videos for free
Easily edit your videos with millions of free music clips and sounds! We create featured music playlists for you with the hottest tracks in every genre, including pop, rock, rap, electronic, R&B, country, and more.

■ Use emoji stickers and face filters
100+ emoji stickers available for free to take your videos to the next level. Unlock tons of fun face filters and beauty effects in your videos.

■ Editing tools allow you to easily trim, cut, merge, and duplicate video clips
■ Livestreaming filters are constantly being updated with fresh, creative designs
■ Dance, Comedy, Vlog, Sports, DIY, and Animal videos all ready to be consumed
2018/09/29 13:56:59
mike406
I would say that there are many provocative/inappropriate videos on TikTok for an 11 year old to view. Just my 2 cents...It's an app that cannot be easily monitored by parents/guardians.
2018/09/29 14:55:55
krane
mike406
I would say that there are many provocative/inappropriate videos on TikTok for an 11 year old to view. Just my 2 cents...It's an app that cannot be easily monitored by parents/guardians.

I guess I will have to take closer and more frequent looks at her phone, thanks.
2018/11/27 00:02:35
Sallu75
The best app including music ly, with emojis and stickers with personal video sharing, especially making and sharing funny videos. Nowadays it most popular among the Android users.
2018/12/14 15:20:43
Tyver
Best way Ive heard it explained is it is a wannna-be Vine focused on music
2019/04/02 16:35:26
jlucie
Steve, thanks for the very sobering links. We should all be concerned about our and especially our children's data privacy.
2019/09/19 07:03:39
jacksala
Tik Tok has a new version 8.0.4 for Android, APK: Apptogame.com

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account