2018/09/27 04:26:29
evgauser28764

Zybane
SimonOcean
evgauser28764

% means nothing if we dont know how much is the default power limit in watts.

Well... we do know that 130% is better than 123%. Why would knowing how many Watts help you any? Do you know how many fps you get from 1 Watt? Assuming you don't, why would you can about the units? Surely the % improvement in power limit is far more useful?

Because different companies use different watt baselines. So saying x % change doesn't mean much without the baseline number. 123% for EVGA may not be the same as 123% for the FE.

thanks dude.
it is really hard nowadays for ppl to open up the latest gpuz and select "advanced" then choose "nvidia bios" to have a look on power limit in watts.

so, according to techpowerup's reviews, the fe's default 100% is in 260w, and 123% is in 320w.
then 130% should be 338w, the current highest one among tpu reviewed samples.
sadly i am not rich enough to buy rtx , so i cant open up the gpuz to confirm that. poor me.
2018/09/27 14:36:10
Udo_G
Is an update for the 11G-P4-2282-KR (2080 TI XC Black) planned too?

2018/09/29 01:01:16
evgauser28764
good to see evga really listening to the community's request of raising the power limit this time. more and more users/enthusiasts realise the benefit of having high power limit. at least those real enthusiasts can now have an additional alternative of playing their card.
great job evga, and it also shows evga's confidence to their cooling design.
2018/09/29 06:53:19
GNielson
Can we get a 2080Ti XC Ultra bios with a 140% power limit? The design looks like it can handle that no problem. In the old days I'd just mod the bios myself, but I don't know what the status of bios-modding current cards is. Still possible?
2018/09/29 07:34:13
evgauser28764
GNielson
Can we get a 2080Ti XC Ultra bios with a 140% power limit? The design looks like it can handle that no problem. In the old days I'd just mod the bios myself, but I don't know what the status of bios-modding current cards is. Still possible?

flashing modded bios is not possible since pascal.
but cross flashing official bios from other aib is being allowed by using some modded nvflash version.
some overclock.net user has flashed other aib's bios for his rtx card. it wont brick the card but he reported that his card wont work properly (3d loading frequency (p state) is messy ) after flashing another aib bios. i have encounted the same thing on my old pascal card. some bios just wont work properly on some card. looks like turing has the same problem.
2018/09/29 08:50:10
Udo_G

Is an update for the 11G-P4-2282-KR (2080 TI XC Black) planned too?

@EVGA
Could you please check this and give us a feedback?
Thanks.
2018/10/01 03:29:51
Zammin
kot0005
are XC ultra cards binned to be higher than XC cards  for 2080Ti's ? I would rather save some money because I am planning on WC ing and the stock cooler mean nothing.

My first post here, so Hi everyone!

I was wondering this also. I did some searching and couldn't find any evidence that it is. Most related threads seemed to suggest the only difference was the chunkier 3 slot cooler and +25mhz boost clock (which is common for the cards with bigger coolers to have slightly higher factory OC). They both use the same TU102-300A chip found in the founders edition, which I understand is the superior of the two variants (300 non-A versions being the lower tier non factory overclocked ones). Given the kind of overclocks users are achieving on these chips I doubt further binning would be needed for +25mhz.

In saying all this though, I have not seen any official information from EVGA stating whether or not they do any further binning of their 300A chips between the XC Gaming and XC Ultra. It would be interesting to hear from EVGA whether this is true or not.

I too am intending to watercool my GPU so I chose the XC gaming version. The Ultra is a minimum of $100 more here in Australia and the 3 slot IO bracket would look a bit strange once the waterblock is on, I also have my GPU mounted vertically so 2 slot is more practical.

This will be my first EVGA card, and it was the 130% power limit that convinced me to buy it over a founders edition :)
2018/10/02 23:02:24
highvoltage88
I'm currently waiting for the EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC BLACK EDITION GAMING, 11G-P4-2282-KR from the step up.

When will an official bios appear for this card?

Thank you very much!
2018/10/05 06:14:44
animeowns
any plans on making a hybrid cooling kit this time around for the people who pre ordered the nvidia 2080ti founders edition direct from Nvidia please ?
2018/10/05 08:09:51
bigbeard850
some of us have our evga cards watercooled. for the love of god, please release a higher power target, to match near 380watt galax. my card is 46c full load, and unable to oc more due power limit.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account