2019/01/22 17:40:17
warpedkid11
Sajin
warpedkid11
Hey guys I am confused I bought a  11G-P4-2281-KR last week and put her on a EKWB. I am getting much better perfomance with overclocking but I am stuck at 112% Max Power Target. I see the firmware update for the XC Black but nothing for this card. Am I stuck at 112%? Why does EVGA not publish this on the product page because it would have influenced my purchase with them? Would they be willing to take the card back and I get an upgrade to the XC Black to has 130% power?

Stuck at 112? Yep. You can return the card, and pay a 15% restocking fee and buy another card.

Yea that is not good news. I am aware I could return the card but wasn't aware of the restocking fee. Would I still be charged the fee if I was still buying from EVGA store? That is strange if so because best buy only charges 15% restocking fee if getting a refund of money and not keeping money in store. Not sure if that is worth $200 more plus difference in cost on a new card. 

This REALLY REALLY REALLY should be on product description page. It is HUGE to overclockers and anyone putting a card on water. Why would they not show this? How would you find this out if not on a product page or buying and finding out when you plug it in like what happened to me. Always had a great experience with EVGA but not too happy after dropping $1100 on a card and finding out the hard way. 
2019/01/22 17:45:49
Sajin
warpedkid11
Would I still be charged the fee if I was still buying from EVGA store? How would you find this out if not on a product page or buying and finding out when you plug it in like what happened to me. 

#1 Most likely.
#2 Doing research before buying.

2019/01/22 18:04:01
warpedkid11
Sajin
warpedkid11
Would I still be charged the fee if I was still buying from EVGA store? How would you find this out if not on a product page or buying and finding out when you plug it in like what happened to me. 

#1 Most likely.
#2 Doing research before buying.

I guess I will just have to scour the forums to find important information before my next purchase since people who write product spec pages for EVGA dont want to make it easy for you. What a joke. That is what a product spec page is for.... I think I am talking to a brick here.
2019/01/22 18:07:04
Sajin
Definitely not talking to a brick. I hear what you're saying, and I get it. I'd suggest you submit a complaint/suggestion with evga... https://www.evga.com/support/suggestions.asp
2019/01/23 10:34:34
ManiXyZ
any newer BIOS update available than 90.04.0B.40.BB ? (EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA)
2019/01/24 12:29:35
starrbuck
warpedkid11I guess I will just have to scour the forums to find important information before my next purchase since people who write product spec pages for EVGA dont want to make it easy for you. What a joke. That is what a product spec page is for.... I think I am talking to a brick here.

I checked an MSI 2080 Ti on their site and they do not disclose the power target either.  It is really up to you to know what you are buying and you should use more sources than the product page, like reviews, etc.  Every store has different return policies so keep that in mind when you buy as well.  Best of luck to you.

2019/02/07 20:55:21
jrampers
I'm able to increase my power bar to 130% but I'll never go over 100%, any ideas why? I have a 2080 XC Ultra.

Attached Image(s)

2019/02/08 20:28:47
EVGANewMember2719
warpedkid11
Sajin
warpedkid11
Hey guys I am confused I bought a  11G-P4-2281-KR last week and put her on a EKWB. I am getting much better perfomance with overclocking but I am stuck at 112% Max Power Target. I see the firmware update for the XC Black but nothing for this card. Am I stuck at 112%? Why does EVGA not publish this on the product page because it would have influenced my purchase with them? Would they be willing to take the card back and I get an upgrade to the XC Black to has 130% power?

Stuck at 112? Yep. You can return the card, and pay a 15% restocking fee and buy another card.

Yea that is not good news. I am aware I could return the card but wasn't aware of the restocking fee. Would I still be charged the fee if I was still buying from EVGA store? That is strange if so because best buy only charges 15% restocking fee if getting a refund of money and not keeping money in store. Not sure if that is worth $200 more plus difference in cost on a new card. 

This REALLY REALLY REALLY should be on product description page. It is HUGE to overclockers and anyone putting a card on water. Why would they not show this? How would you find this out if not on a product page or buying and finding out when you plug it in like what happened to me. Always had a great experience with EVGA but not too happy after dropping $1100 on a card and finding out the hard way. 

Check your State's laws. Some States outlaw restocking fees on returns. If your state does have that protection you can complain to your state's consumer protection dept to get the restocking fee reversed. Or you could probably tell evga customer service they are in violation of such law and get them to refund the restocking fee without going through all that. 
2019/02/16 19:50:49
onemoar
No love for the 2060 xc ?
2019/02/18 11:56:55
Mehe1989
11G-P4-2281-KR is not on the list!, PLEASE HELP! I need BIOS update or current BIOS file to flash the card again, My LED is dead lights up only 1 second when I turn on my PC plus now I have half the frames I had with GTX 1070

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account