2018/08/29 08:48:39
lGrendell
hi , this time no rant from me but hopefully with good news , knock on wood

first of all iam on windows 10 that came with the notebook , only thing i changed i added a win10pro key ..... no new install of the system

my starting point was the 1.06 bios with this i installed a crucial mx300 1tb (1050mb) this one hath the same controller like the kingstone uv400 from above who had good results

after booting into windows same as ever only sata2 support but this was to expected , next thing i downloaded the beta bios did a install of it booting into the bios and change the ssd seting from sata2 to sata3

after this back to windows , start crystal disk info and lucky i had sata600/sata600 .......... but sadly everytime i tryed crystal disk mark and co the speed was realy bad and i noted it changed
back to sata300 .... rebooting and the same first few minutes sata600 and than it changed again to sata300 ...... did a few reboots and every time the same first 600 and minutes later 300

next thing i did i deinstalled intel rapid storage technology what was pre installed on windows and bam after rebooting the system it stayed at sata600 the whole time but sadly speeds where still
bad

did a reboot again with this happen

after this i went into settings (devices manager) did a uninstall of this ssd , after this a search for new hardware , ssd is back , did a few reboots after this and somehow it changed to this

for comparison i added the nmve in this picture

all in all it works now but iam not sure if this happens because i deinstalled the intel rapid thing or the reinstall of the ssd within the device manager or just because windows itself needet some time to self adjust who knows
2018/09/12 10:31:30
bobbler23
lGrendell
hi , this time no rant from me but hopefully with good news , knock on wood

first of all iam on windows 10 that came with the notebook , only thing i changed i added a win10pro key ..... no new install of the system

my starting point was the 1.06 bios with this i installed a crucial mx300 1tb (1050mb) this one hath the same controller like the kingstone uv400 from above who had good results

after booting into windows same as ever only sata2 support but this was to expected , next thing i downloaded the beta bios did a install of it booting into the bios and change the ssd seting from sata2 to sata3

after this back to windows , start crystal disk info and lucky i had sata600/sata600 .......... but sadly everytime i tryed crystal disk mark and co the speed was realy bad and i noted it changed
back to sata300 .... rebooting and the same first few minutes sata600 and than it changed again to sata300 ...... did a few reboots and every time the same first 600 and minutes later 300

next thing i did i deinstalled intel rapid storage technology what was pre installed on windows and bam after rebooting the system it stayed at sata600 the whole time but sadly speeds where still
bad

did a reboot again with this happen

after this i went into settings (devices manager) did a uninstall of this ssd , after this a search for new hardware , ssd is back , did a few reboots after this and somehow it changed to this

for comparison i added the nmve in this picture

all in all it works now but iam not sure if this happens because i deinstalled the intel rapid thing or the reinstall of the ssd within the device manager or just because windows itself needet some time to self adjust who knows

No I think you are onto something, I just deinstalled the same Intel Rapid Storage driver and am now seeing similar speeds on my D: drive (500GB Crucial MX500 SSD).
It was always around mid 200's before on read.

2018/09/15 12:39:37
lGrendell
But the thing is the thread owner with the same ssd as you had already tried this and still had problems and I had problems with the Samsung evo 860 .... right now iam not sure that I had uninstalled intel rapid with the beta bios and Samsung combo

Anyway in run my crucial mx300 , beta bios and no intel rapid combi for a few weeks now and have no problems , no disappearing of the ssd and good speed
2018/09/16 22:16:53
shriramhr
lGrendell
@shriramhr , could you tell us what size your ssd is ? Because if it is the small 120gig the write speed could be max , Kingston says 550/350

Edit hm ,
Uv400 Controller Marvell 88SS1074
Uv500 Controller Marvell 88SS1074

maybe it’s a controller thing , just found this Site with more ssd who used this Controller , damn no links in this forum i forgot

Anyway a mx300 should have the same controller maybe i try this one

Hey, sorry just read this. Yes, it’s a 120gig hdd. So did the mx300 work?
2018/09/17 10:41:59
lGrendell
Hi , yes it did work , had some minor problems mentioned a few posts above .... but it runs fine no problem so far
2018/12/06 13:27:09
hubologynow
lGrendell
Hi , yes it did work , had some minor problems mentioned a few posts above .... but it runs fine no problem so far

Just wondering if it's still working okay for you? I've got no space on the main, so I'd like to replace the 1TB with an SSD. 
2019/07/04 16:36:18
marcel385
Hello, just found this thread because i've got the same problem when i replaced the 1TB HDD with a MX500 1TB on my SC15 today. did EVGA released some driver or sth like that or is there a workaround which really helped?

EVGATech_LeeM
Hi everyone,

I'll have our team look into this once we get back from the Memorial Day weekend.

Thanks for reporting this.  I'd advise against editing the BIOS before we've looked at it, but I'll let you all know when I have an update.

any update for this problem or its the beta bios really the final solution which isnt working anyway as we know? so sad to get only sata2 on a high quality laptop. :/

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account